Sign in to follow this  
spilok

My "pauses" or stutters fixed!

22 minutes ago, Celador said:

Ray, that's what my post was all about. Glad it fixed it for you as well.

Jorge

Jorge, it would seem so but a full flight tomorrow will be conclusive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Confirmed that autosave works with Defender ignoring P3D and My Documents\P3D folders. I looked very carefully at the save point and saw a slight pause of less than a second. You would have to look for it to notice.

Thanks to Jorge and Kyle for their help. 👍

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 1/29/2019 at 4:23 PM, vc10man said:

A couple of nights ago, flying the 747-8i around the Hudson Bay area, going on past experiences of getting CTDs in that area based on that infamous crook, ntdl.dll, I did a Scenario Save, just in case.

Did we ever get to the bottom of that? 

14ppkc-6.png

On 1/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Have you reported it to L-M? You would need to fly a default aircraft with no 3rd party scenery or other addons. If it can be replicated that way it’s a bug in their code. Otherwise it’s a bug in a third party addon which is not the fault of L-M of course. And finding the package responsible could take a while.

Are you up for it Sherlock? 😁

Yes 25 pages on here. I've not experienced it since the new gsx version. 

14ppkc-6.png

35 minutes ago, tooting said:

Yes 25 pages on here. I've not experienced it since the new gsx version. 

I’m not sure how GSX could affect it. Has Umberto made any comment on it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’m not sure how GSX could affect it. Has Umberto made any comment on it?

yup he got quite involved he made special changes to how it read the BGLS.. kudos to him he help fix it.

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I disabled Windows defender and I turn off AV when flying. I also disable auto save option in FSUIPC and I still see 2-3 second stutters. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

13 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Confirmed that autosave works with Defender ignoring P3D and My Documents\P3D folders. I looked very carefully at the save point and saw a slight pause of less than a second. You would have to look for it to notice.

Thanks to Jorge and Kyle for their help. 👍

Excellent, glad that it works for you.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:54 PM, spilok said:

My fix was this:  I turned off "AutoSave" in my paid version of FSUIPC!.  That simple. 

Have been telling everyone in the CTD Forum this for several months.  But, for some reason, it does not work for everyone.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Window Defender? About as useless in real-world AV tests as a chocolate fireguard. Have never allowed it anywhere on either my Win7 or Win10 OSs!

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Window Defender? About as useless in real-world AV tests as a chocolate fireguard. Have never allowed it anywhere on either my Win7 or Win10 OSs!

I don't have any A/V installed on my FS computer. I only visit bona-fide sites. The best defence from attacks is your own brain and a bit of common sense. Something most on these forums have plenty of.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

21 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don't have any A/V installed on my FS computer. I only visit bona-fide sites. The best defence from attacks is your own brain and a bit of common sense. Something most on these forums have plenty of.

Spot-on observation Ray.

On 1/29/2019 at 10:25 AM, vc10man said:

That, Stan, has been a well-known fix for ages if you read through here. Nothing utterly earth-shattering there, just surprised it took you so long to cotton onto it.

Edited by Oskar Speer