Sign in to follow this  
jeffhunter

n00b question - can't pan with hat switch

Hi,

Today I finally ditched EZCA2 and bought Chaseplane, however I cannot set the hat switch on my joystick (T16000M) to tilt or pan in CP preferences, and I cannot tilt/pan - full stop.

I don't seem to be able to post a screenshot.

I'm running P3D 4.4 on a Win 10 build 1809 PC.

I uninstalled EZCA before installing, and noted that during the CP install, it detected some vestigial remnants of EZCA and (presumably) deleted them.

If I try to set the hat switch to tilt or pan, when I move the switch, CP does not detect it. I can set any other axis to tilt or pan, but not the hat switch. This happens whether I have the View (Pan) set to "Hatch switch 1" in P3D settings or not, and also whether I've got the input set to Raw or DirectInput. I note that someone else found that they had to move their joystick (saitek) before moving the hat to set it, but if I do that, it just sets the joystick X or Y axis as the tilt/pan...

I don't have any joystick assignments set in FSUIPC, either.

Weirdly, if I use named assignments, CP recognises my hat switch, but not the named assignment: ie, if I input "tilt up" the dialog says "affecting 0 presets"...

Any ideas? I've searched the forum and elsewhere with no luck.

thanks,

jeff

Edited by jeffhunter

Jeff Hunter

On 1/30/2019 at 4:10 AM, jeffhunter said:

Sorted. Pls ignore. 

Jeff,

What did you do to resolve this?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.