Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Programming controls for GoFlight via FSUIPC5 and your SDK

I have found an excellent guide on Pete Dowson's forum that explains how to program GoFlight units for use with the PMDG737. I have managed to program switches such as Probe Heat and Yaw Damper but I'm having a problem with the Course selector on the MCP - Captain's side.

When I rotate the GoFlight knob only every other click is recognised. Consequently the two readouts differ. Can anyone help please?

I am using #define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_UP      0x00004000 and #define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_DOWN    0x00002000 and the #define    EVT_MCP_COURSE_SELECTOR_L                (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 376)

In FSUIPC the control sent when button pressed is <70008> parameter 16384 for increasing and <70008> 8192 for decreasing the value.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sometimes the best solution is the easiest one.  The PMDG Options menu includes dozens of key commands for things like MCP HDG.  Make an assignment and then use FSUIPC to covert the button/switch action into that key command.

Dan Downs KCRP

14 minutes ago, downscc said:

Sometimes the best solution is the easiest one.  The PMDG Options menu includes dozens of key commands for things like MCP HDG.  Make an assignment and then use FSUIPC to covert the button/switch action into that key command.

Okay, I’ll try that but I’d still like to know why the method I’ve used is not working as it should.

I’ve posted on the FSUIPC forum too as it’s that utility I’m using to program the action.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Got the answer from Pete Dowson. I had only programmed the control for button press. Once I added the same command for button release the GoFlight unit and the MCP now stay in unison.👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sadly that solution doesn't work. If I rotate the control too quickly the values go out of sequence. Has anyone else with a home cockpit managed to program this function?

When the NAV and COM frequencies can be controlled directly by GoFlight GF166 units it's odd the OBS cannot. Any reasoning behind that decision?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Would anyone from PMDG like to respond to this issue please? Having spent a fair bit of money on GoFlight hardware it’s disappointing it can’t operate OBS correctly.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Would anyone from PMDG like to respond to this issue please? Having spent a fair bit of money on GoFlight hardware it’s disappointing it can’t operate OBS correctly.

Ray,

The SDK has all available values you want. As per SDK "This SDK presumes familiarity with standard C++ coding practices and is designed primarily for use by skilled software developers who are seeking to interface with the PMDG 737NGX software. Please understand that PMDG, PMDG Simulations and affiliates are unable to provide coding assistance, advice or support for developers seeking to use this SDK. This SDK is provided on an “as-is” basis and is not subject to support or revision by PMDG Simulations, LLC"

I believe there is already an interface for goflight products and our planes from https://www.pollypotsoftware.org.uk/

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I have been using FSUIPC5 in conjunction with a document uploaded by an enthusiast on how to program switches and buttons using your SDK. However, whilst simple switches like Pitot Heat work fine the OBS doesn't because the changes are too rapid for FSUIPC to evaluate.

I was aware of the Pollypot software but thought it was only for the MCP. Now that I know it can also handle GF166 and other units I'll ask on their forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather