Sign in to follow this  
Robert3512

GSX baggage

*me wondering aloud*

It's a small thing, but I wonder if GSX could include repeated trips/longer trailers for the cargo/baggage handlers like they already do with the pax and fuel, seems a bit unrealistic to load up 8 ULDs on a 747 when it can hold 30, or about 20 bags on a 737 when clearly there's more than 120 passengers. Also maybe more variation in the ULDs and bags (whoops, read FSDT's posts, apparently this is harder, so...more colours instead of different models?), I'm sure they can do this when they already have pretty varied passengers, it'd add so much more to the immersion. 

Edited by Robert3512

Good post as I too have observed that anomaly in hilarity.

Maybe 20 luggages are compressed into one and it pops open in the cargo hold? Plane_luggage.rar at work I guess... 😂

• Upvote 1

And here I am just wanting the baggage belts to stop driving under the airplane. GSX is a hot mess. 

• Upvote 1

Agreed, plenty of issues especially with static elements but it's the only ground handling service we have so we just have to deal with it.

In other news, GSX+GSX2 is selling on SimMarket for €46 and change instead of €55 and change. 

If they could at least fix integrated stairs it would be great. TBH the bags seem fine for me as when I only fly with bags it's like with low cost so makes sense. Also I'd like to see the ULDs wearing the same scheme both when boarding and deboarding. ANd also the KLM skin still makes teh push-truck thing yellow.

But as someone said it's teh only one in town so we'll have to deal with it

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

And here I am just wanting the baggage belts to stop driving under the airplane. GSX is a hot mess. 

I agree, the worst GSX thing is the erratic baggage belt loaders behavior. Instead of going directly to the plane they drive all around the plane and then under it. This has been posted a lot on the GSX forum, but we are still waiting for an update to fix that.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

5 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I agree, the worst GSX thing is the erratic baggage belt loaders behavior. Instead of going directly to the plane they drive all around the plane and then under it. This has been posted a lot on the GSX forum, but we are still waiting for an update to fix that.

I've been able to put an end to that behavior by customizing the parking spots I frequent using the tool in GSX and positioning the loaders so they don't do that (front loader at ~2 O'Clock angled towards the front cargo door, rear loader at ~3-4 O'Clock on opposite heading of acft).  Same sort of thing with baggage trains...if positioned right, they won't pirhouette or circle the acft.  The routing of bags/cargo to the jet during loading is still a real problem, though.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

37 minutes ago, w6kd said:

I've been able to put an end to that behavior by customizing the parking spots I frequent using the tool in GSX and positioning the loaders so they don't do that (front loader at ~2 O'Clock angled towards the front cargo door, rear loader at ~3-4 O'Clock on opposite heading of acft).  Same sort of thing with baggage trains...if positioned right, they won't pirhouette or circle the acft.  The routing of bags/cargo to the jet during loading is still a real problem, though.

Regards

And here’s the fundamental flaw with GSX... customizing those positions is boring and tedious. Why can’t we set default vehicle positions by aircraft type and not by gate?

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

The most hilarious part is when I call for a refuelling truck and it just sails into a baggage loader awaiting or a stairway awaiting 🤣

Edited by vc10man
typos

3 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

only ground handling service we have

Good thing we have AMD and Radeon, otherwise Intel and Nvidia would run the roost!🤣

20 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

And here’s the fundamental flaw with GSX... customizing those positions is boring and tedious.

Precisely. What are we paying for?

I've had a problem recently with the boarding/deboarding. It will go on forever unless I reset the position.

Also, the pushback stop is a bit erratic. Especially when selecting 'stop pushback and complete procedure here'. It makes sure to really speed up before stopping so that you are nicely put on the grass that you wanted to avoid.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD