Sign in to follow this  
Robert3512

GSX baggage

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

And here’s the fundamental flaw with GSX... customizing those positions is boring and tedious. Why can’t we set default vehicle positions by aircraft type and not by gate?

For the obvious reason that it's the scenery around the airplane that's always different and usual requires customization so, a fixed customization by airplane will surely cause conflict with scenery objects, which will then have to be customized anyway, exactly as they are now.

I think the best solution might be having both systems: a default configuration "by airplane", and the ability to customize "by gate". 

8 hours ago, Robert3512 said:

. Also maybe more variation in the ULDs and bags (whoops, read FSDT's posts, apparently this is harder, so...more colours instead of different models?), I'm sure they can do this when they already have pretty varied passengers, it'd add so much more to the immersion. 

ULD are assigned to their correct type for the airplane used. Of course, if you always use the same airplane, you cannot expect seeing many different ULDs, other than different logos.

Yes, the Baggage loader is a vehicle that we made a long time ago, so it wasn't made in the smartest possible way with regard to flexibility in making the bags independent from the vehicle, but it was a very efficient way of saving memory and fps. We'll surely redo it from scratch in the future, since it's starting to look old nowadays.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, vc10man said:

The most hilarious part is when I call for a refuelling truck and it just sails into a baggage loader awaiting or a stairway awaiting 🤣

When multiple services running at the same weren't available (for good reason), users asked for them, and I always replied it would increase the issue of vehicles running into each other, but nobody listened...

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

And here’s the fundamental flaw with GSX... customizing those positions is boring and tedious. Why can’t we set default vehicle positions by aircraft type and not by gate?

Agreed. Also add non-intuitive and convoluted. User friendly it is not. Disappointed that it's so functionally problematic. 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

4 hours ago, w6kd said:

I've been able to put an end to that behavior by customizing the parking spots I frequent using the tool in GSX

Which is precisely what we always suggest to do to fix this. The issue is, most 3rd party AFCADs out there are made in unusual ways, likely to trick AI to do things they are not really supposed to do, and they are the cause of most of the problems. Most of the code in GSX is there just to DEFENDS itself against errors in the AFCADs, it's like a sort of real-time ADE "fault-finder", because it tries to catch all possible problems, throwing out wrong, orphaned, unliked, nodes but the problem is, after you start ignoring all the errors, sometimes might become impossible to calculate a proper routing.

4 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Agreed. Also add non-intuitive and convoluted. User friendly it is not. Disappointed that it's so functionally problematic. 

If you have suggestions to how to make it better, it would be more productive if you posted them on our forum or the support email. A comment like that doesn't tell anything, since I don't recognize any of the adjectives you used to describe it. That's the issue with judging user friendliness: it's totally subjective, and what might be obvious to you, might not be obvious to someone else.

But of course, if you made a precise report of what, exactly, you don't like, in the proper channels (fsdt forum or email), we might have a look at each one of them, and consider changing, if it's possible and compatible with the sim limitations (the editor could be made WAY more user-friendly if we could just DITCH FSX, for example...), and as usual, make a proper reply about what might be possibly changed and, if something cannot be changed, clearly explaining why.

7 hours ago, LH340fan said:

If they could at least fix integrated stairs it would be great.

What's there to fix ? They work just fine. If they don't for you, have you made a report on our forum, explaining which airplane you used, how was configured, and they we can check if there's really something to fix (which we always fix, of course), or it's just because the airplane configuration wasn't correct.

We have included some configuration for some popular planes, like the Maddog X, and they work fine there, but they are easy enough to add to any airplane.

Also I'd like to see the ULDs wearing the same scheme both when boarding and deboarding. 

This has been explained so many times on our forum, and it is explained on the manual too...

The ULD WILL keep the same livery, but only if your airplane has its atc_airline_codes properly configured. If the aircraft.cfg file is missing the airline code, the ULD logo will be chosen again using like the other vehicles, by airport.

But normally, when the airplane is properly configured and not missing the airline code, ULDs won't change, because they will match the airline livery of the plane you are flying (if it's in GSX, of course)

Edited by virtuali

Don't know why users  post their issues in here  for and  not in the correct  forum,  if  they have  issues,  how  do  you  expect  to  get  it fixed 

• Like 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

Don't know why users  post their issues in here  for and  not in the correct  forum,  if  they have  issues,  how  do  you  expect  to  get  it fixed 

Reason issues are posted here and not in the so-called correct Forum is because they never get answered there or it's many days later when they do get an answer!

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Reason issues are posted here and not in the so-called correct Forum is because they never get answered there or it's many days later when they do get an answer!

They are all always answered, especially when they contain a clear report of the issue or a clear question.

For example, the post you made here about our supposedly "silly" naming convention used in the JFK AFCAD, was replied to here first, with a very long and exhaustive post, but the only reason why I didn't reply "immediately" in the FSDT forum (other than it was posted on Friday evening), was that another user already explained to you the reason, so I seemed enough to me.

I replied on Monday, the first working day after your post, after you didn't seem to accept that other user explanation, and I had to make a shorter version of the same explanation I posted on Avsim, to which you replied with a "At last, a thorough explanation!"...

Edited by virtuali

49 minutes ago, virtuali said:

If you have suggestions to how to make it better, it would be more productive if you posted them on our forum or the support email. A comment like that doesn't tell anything, since I don't recognize any of the adjectives you used to describe it. That's the issue with judging user friendliness: it's totally subjective, and what might be obvious to you, might not be obvious to someone else.

But of course, if you made a precise report of what, exactly, you don't like, in the proper channels (fsdt forum or email), we might have a look at each one of them, and consider changing, if it's possible and compatible with the sim limitations (the editor could be made WAY more user-friendly if we could just DITCH FSX, for example...), and as usual, make a proper reply about what might be possibly changed and, if something cannot be changed, clearly explaining why.

Why do it hidden away on your special forum? Look it. I've had to go to several YouTube's just to figure out how to put in a simple jetway. Opening various windows blah blah. The thing is so convoluted if you can't figure that out then maybe there's no hope. One week later I've forgotten what I just spent an hour trying to figure out with you tube videos. One button to change jetway - opens up the airport with your choice of jetway and one button to activate. Ever here of WYSIWYG? 

16 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

Why do it hidden away on your special forum?

The forum is neither special or "hidden". And, you missed the point. I haven't said you would find on the forum explanations how to use the editor. You are supposed to post your suggestions about what YOU find difficult there! Because THERE it's the one and proper place to discuss these things.

Look it. I've had to go to several YouTube's just to figure out how to put in a simple jetway.

I must admit sometimes I spend too much time on Youtube myself, looking at tutorials, because I also am too lazy to look at the manuals. You are right about this one, but we simply don't have time to do video tutorials. Fortunately, Cartayna has made so many of them...

Opening various windows blah blah

The thing is so convoluted if you can't figure that out then maybe there's no hope. One week later

I've forgotten what I just spent an hour trying to figure out with you tube videos. One button to change jetway - opens up the airport with your choice of jetway and one button to activate. Ever here of WYSIWYG? 

First, if you need to open a window, it's not "various windows", but it's ONE window. And, you don't even have to use it.

Do you realize the editor as TWO way of operations ?

1) The one with the "blah blah Window" (singular, we only have one window in the editor), for those that like working like that, which is useful to do mass changes

2) The WYSIWYG (which we know very much, thank you, that's why we DO have a WYSIWYG mode) mode of operation, were you place, select, move, rotate, change the color, change the logo change bridge, test if it works, so it's basically everything you need to do to a jetway, with NO "bla-bla-bla Window", in 3D, inside the sim, on your parking, close to the airplane.

So no, the editor is pretty much visual, if you like it, and we posted a video that shows how to replace all jetways on a 3rd party airport in LESS THAN 3 MINUTES, which 1:30 of that spent just closing and reopening the simulator to create the first exclude file (which you only do it once). So no, it's not difficult, and takes minutes, not hours.

But again, the proper way of making suggestions, is reporting it on our forum, indicating precisely what you would like to change, because saying "convoluted", without supplying any explanation, isn't helping at all in understanding what your issues are with it.

Edited by virtuali

31 minutes ago, virtuali said:

They are all always answered, especially when they contain a clear report of the issue or a clear question.

For example, the post you made here about our supposedly "silly" naming convention used in the JFK AFCAD, was replied to here first, with a very long and exhaustive post, but the only reason why I didn't reply "immediately" in the FSDT forum (other than it was posted on Friday evening), was that another user already explained to you the reason, so I seemed enough to me.

I replied on Monday, the first working day after your post, after you didn't seem to accept that other user explanation, and I had to make a shorter version of the same explanation I posted on Avsim, to which you replied with a "At last, a thorough explanation!"...

Let me see,,,,,,,,o'er, ah, yes, the only reason you got involved  with that reply in your correct Forum.......was, days later, because I replied sarcastically, to a nonsensical suggestion that to place an aircraft like the ubiquitous PMDG 747-8i at a proper gate at FSDT's JFKv2. one must first place that QOTSII aircraft at the runway, then use GSX(no mention about if a simmer did not have GSX)to ask it to Warp The Plane to a 'heavy' gate.

'Ladies and Gentleman, we are boarding at Gate XYZ to bus you to the Runway, where the Captain will then come back to the Gate once ATC tell him which Gate'..........bit similar to the nonsensical suggestion, IMHO, the answer suggested in the Correct Forum😀

Is it any wonder posters here have been pretty scathing about GSX. Like I said, in your Forum........I have found a solution. Just ditch your 'word-not-allowed' airports and GSX with it!!

Edited by vc10man

25 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The forum is neither special or "hidden". And, you missed the point. I haven't said you would find on the forum explanations how to use the editor. You are supposed to post your suggestions about what YOU find difficult there! Because THERE it's the one and proper place to discuss these things.

I must admit sometimes I spend too much time on Youtube myself, looking at tutorials, because I also am too lazy to look at the manuals. You are right about this one, but we simply don't have time to do video tutorials. Fortunately, Cartayna has made so many of them...

First, if you need to open a window, it's not "various windows", but it's ONE window. And, you don't even have to use it.

Do you realize the editor as TWO way of operations ?

1) The one with the "blah blah Window" (singular, we only have one window in the editor), for those that like working like that, which is useful to do mass changes

2) The WYSIWYG (which we know very much, thank you, that's why we DO have a WYSIWYG mode) mode of operation, were you place, select, move, rotate, change the color, change the logo change bridge, test if it works, so it's basically everything you need to do to a jetway, with NO "bla-bla-bla Window", in 3D, inside the sim, on your parking, close to the airplane.

So no, the editor is pretty much visual, if you like it, and we posted a video that shows how to replace all jetways on a 3rd party airport in LESS THAN 3 MINUTES, which 1:30 of that spent just closing and reopening the simulator to create the first exclude file (which you only do it once). So no, it's not difficult, and takes minutes, not hours.

But again, the proper way of making suggestions, is reporting it on our forum, indicating precisely what you would like to change, because saying "convoluted", without supplying any explanation, isn't helping at all in understanding what your issues are with it.

It is not at all as easy as you remark. The YouTube's are your manuals saving grace. The process entails opening the control panel, concurrently with P3D and the customization window. That's three windows opened concurrently. Please I've painstakingly done this and found it completely convoluted and at times simply doesn't work. You close P3D, you compile, exclude, reopen P3D again, open the customization window etc etc. You can't simply click and move vehicles you have to have by your side all the stupid keys to move a simple object a few feet. But don't try to suggest that 3 minutes is all it takes. That's nonsense. 

34 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Let me see,,,,,,,,o'er, ah, yes, the only reason you got involved with that reply in your correct Forum.......was because I replied sarcastically,

That's not the only reason, of course:

- I already replied to you here.

AND

- another user gave you what it seemed a proper explanation so it seem there wasn't much to add, and you would SURELY understand. But you didn't, and made your snarky comment, so I had to do the explanation all over again there.

Which you seem to have understood, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20305.msg139237.html#msg139237

At last, a thorough explanation!

Yes, I am fully aware that in a real-life airport/aircraft gate-seeking or departure world, there are no such misnomers as 'heavy, medium, small, light, etc,etc'

But as Dave_YVR has explained, now I can follow your lettering/numbering to find the gates.

then use GSX(no mention about if a simmer did not have GSX)to ask it to Warp The Plane to a 'heavy' gate.

Since JFK2 won't even work without GSX, that's not an issue.

And I think I already explained, quite clearly, that even labeling a gate as "Heavy", which is just a label, won't guarantee your 747-8 will fit in it.

'Ladies and Gentleman, we are boarding at Gate XYZ to bus you to the Runway, where the Captain will then come back to the Gate once ATC tell him which Gate'..........bit similar to the nonsensical suggestion, IMHO, the answer suggested in the Correct Forum😀

Before landing:

- You can access the GSX menu at any time you are not inside a parking, even BEFORE landing.

Before departure:

- Ask yourself what are you *really* simulating with the "Go To Airport" menu  ? An aircraft transfer flight, basically, it's not part of any "procedure" so why, exactly, would be a problem for you stopping to the runway first to open the GSX menu before starting a new flight ? Without even mentioning the GSX Warp is IMMEDIATE, while moving from a gate to another one with the default Go To menu always implies a progress bar.

Edited by virtuali