Sign in to follow this  
Robert3512

GSX baggage

10 minutes ago, Chock said:

What actually would be more realistic, is if the loads were linked to the time of year,

GSX would have to analyse the simulator's time and season settings, which would probably require quite a bit more code to implement, also...well we're talking about simulators, so I'd like GSX to be able to at least visually support an aircraft with a full underbelly.

Also interestingly I looked at the ULDs used on the 747-400 by GSX and they're not optimal (AKE), the optimal ULD should be AKC ULDs, or AAU/ALU/AMF/AMU ULDs.

Guys,

I understand people would like to have some things better and that is a good thing in a way, but surely we can propose to Umberto in positive ways new features and suggestions. Umberto is incredible open minded, if you ask nicely he will put all his efforts to find the best solution to your request, more over he will even go back at Lockheed Martin and ask for new features just to support his customer base suggestions and requirements -I am a witness of this on many accounts-, if after all his considerations he feels he is unable to deliver what has been requested he will take the courtesy to offer a full explanation to you in regards why it cannot be done and he will try to offer alternative solutions.

Lets remember there is no developer out there updating their add-on's as fast as Umberto. and to bet honest, would you be able to live without GSX? it is one of the best add-on's out there to increase our simulation immersion experience. So there is not point bashing the product, what it does is amazing, no question about it... do you have suggestions? me too and I have passed these on to Umberto before and he has implemented many of them on future releases.

Sometimes is not what we ask, it is how we ask.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, simbol said:

Guys,

I understand people would like to have some things better and that is a good thing in a way, but surely we can propose to Umberto in positive ways new features and suggestions. Umberto is incredible open minded, if you ask nicely he will put all his efforts to find the best solution to your request, more over he will even go back at Lockheed Martin and ask for new features just to support his customer base suggestions and requirements -I am a witness of this on many accounts-, if after all his considerations he feels he is unable to deliver what has been requested he will take the courtesy to offer a full explanation to you in regards why it cannot be done and he will try to offer alternative solutions.

Lets remember there is no developer out there updating their add-on's as fast as Umberto. and to bet honest, would you be able to live without GSX? it is one of the best add-on's out there to increase our simulation immersion experience. So there is not point bashing the product, what it does is amazing, no question about it... do you have suggestions? me too and I have passed these on to Umberto before and he has implemented many of them on future releases.

Sometimes is not what we ask, it is how we ask.

Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Simbol

But,but i'm not bashing it! I love it! :wub: I just think of that little thing that could add a grain of salt and pepper to a very tasty product

14 hours ago, virtuali said:

I use the same approach to customize the individual parking spots: DO NOT complete a parking before moving to the next one. Instead, choose something to customize, like the jetway or the pushback position, or the marshaller, and fix JUST that, scrolling between all parking spots with the 7/9 keys on the Numeric Pad, you'll going MUCH faster this way!

THIS... should be in the manual. OMG. The time I could have saved if I had known this before. 🤔

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

16 hours ago, virtuali said:

You keep repeating "including opening and closing P3D", yet you keep to continue to ignore the fact you should do it only the first time you go to an airport. Once the Exclude file is created, you can do a whole airport customization with no need to close/open the simulator anymore.

If your simulator is slow in closing and reopening, just do that:

1) Go to an airport you want to customize

2) Open the GSX editor, click the button to select all gates with Jetways, click the button to Exclude the jetway, Click Apply. 3 CLICKS in total.

3) DO NOT quit the simulator, move to the next airport you want to customize now, and repeat the previous step for as many airports you need.

5) Finally, quit the simulator, open the GSX Control Panel, which will compile ALL your newly created Exclude files in one go.

6) Reopen the simulator, and now go customizing the airports in any order you like.

This way, you closed/opened the simulator not just once for each airport, but only once for many of them...

I use the same approach to customize the individual parking spots: DO NOT complete a parking before moving to the next one. Instead, choose something to customize, like the jetway or the pushback position, or the marshaller, and fix JUST that, scrolling between all parking spots with the 7/9 keys on the Numeric Pad, you'll going MUCH faster this way!

Very cumbersome and annoying.  You first should open the GSX Level 2 control panel. Then open P3D. Then open GSX customization panel. So far I have now opened 3 windows. In fact that You Tube you're pushing does exactly that. You are going to have to open the control panel anyway. So that's three windows  to only change 1 bloody jetway for example. But no wait. I have to figure out the interface itself to  do that and I also have to figure and deal with the annoying placement of the GSX vehicles. I then have to close P3D, and wait for the GSX control panel because you know it has that annoying "Waiting to close sim..." indication. Then...wait...I have to press that button "Compile checked excludes". Now I have the great honor of starting P3D, wait and wait for the loading...Aha. Now I open up the customization panel again and then search diligently for which one I want and then click the precious jetway FINALLY. Now why would I want to change a whole bunch of jetways. Well maybe I want to but usually not. Usually I start at an airport, don't like that jetway and want to change it. Unfortunately every airport I now go to where I want my very own jetway for that flight I have to go througjh the same process. There is no getting around it. 

You keep repeating this, but repeating something wrong doesn't make it any more true. The video speaks for itself:

3:53 to replace ALL jetways on UK2000 EGKK, including some changes to their appearance AND the time to close and restart the simulator. 

But that's not really the point. Ok, I get it, you find it difficult, but as long as there are users that don't, who actually LIKE the extensive customization options, and are willing to share them, the product hasn't lost any of its value, even if you don't like to edit yourself.

And yes, we already confirmed we are also working on a better sharing system, with an easier way to find user contributions, install them automatically, and reward contributors as well. 

Stop this lie will you? It does not take 4 minutes to replace  a jetway. Loading and reloading P3D which has several addons for me takes around 5-6 minutes. I then loaded up the default airport which took another several minutes - total time just to get into the airport was roughly 11 minutes. Assuming it takes me another 1 minute charitably to do the exclude on the jetyway, I then exit P3D, compile the  exclude, restart P3D, re-enter the airport where I want to put my single jetway - roughly charitably to you around 15 minutes. Yes. 1 jetway. Stop the propaganda. 

Edited by Lenny777

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On 1/29/2019 at 6:53 PM, virtuali said:

Do you know of any other addon out there that is able to make changes to the Scenery Library on the fly, including creating new files, switching between different .BGLs without restarting the sim ?

Can you do that with, for example, the FlyTampa, Flightbeam, Aerosoft scenery configurators ? Have you complained about their control panels being "convoluted", because they force you to exit from the sim to reconfigure the scenery, for example to select a different runway/wind configuration ?

What do I care about slogging those ones. It's your software we're talking about. If they deserve criticism then go at it.

But that's not really the point. Ok, I get it, you find it difficult, but as long as there are users that don't, who actually LIKE the extensive customization options, and are willing to share them, the product hasn't lost any of its value, even if you don't like to edit yourself.

I like to edit too. I just think when paying  close to 50 Canadian that you make an interface that is actually not misrepresented by your 4 minute nonsense. See above.

Edited by Lenny777

Ok am I dumb? Or do I just not...see what the problem is? I customise each individual jetway as I load the aircraft because every stand is a bit different, I honestly don't see the issue, and I for one like the new customisation options. 

Edited by Robert3512

On 1/29/2019 at 6:53 PM, virtuali said:

As I've said, whatever time it takes, you do it only once. And of course, you saw how much it takes on that video. Are you really trying to fault GSX because on your system restarting the sim takes too long ? Again, you do it only once.

A snarkey comment. You do realize MOST people don't have a barebones P3D do you? Most have a number of addons, airports, Orbx, etc. etc. which increase the load time. Tell me you were running a barebones P3D and maybe with an SSD to boot P3D? Otherwise I take your comments about my system and the time it takes to change single jetways with a big grain of salt. I mean if you sell your product and then prop it up with a video and claim speed that is being disengenuous at best if you suggest the blame should go to the one who purchases your product. Why don't you put a disclaimer like the speed VARIES with the P3D software you have re addons etc. at least that way you have presented realistic expectations not pie in the sky.

OMG, what a bunch of angry, sour, resentful - and quite frankly - ungrateful people in here... 😮

You do realize, that this piece of software is probably one of the most complex addons in existence - especially when it comes to user interaction...

Now, there's nothing wrong with expressing an opinion, but please don't start explaining your grievances or difficulties with a piece of software as God's only truth. Just because you have problems with using the addon or think (remember, this is you own personal opinion here!) that it's cumbersome, slow or convoluted or some of the other adjectives which were claimed in this thread, doesn't mean that everyone on this planet will feel the same thing.
Please try to - at least - remain objective regarding your problem description. To be fair, it's a bit unfair to complain to FSDT, that your P3D configuration is slow to startup. How exactly is that FSDT*s fault?! I mean come on, be reasonable... 

In my opinion, Virtuali is a great help around the forums. Yes, he can be a little rough around the edges and have some - maybe too direct - replies... but honestly, can you blame him, when he always have to lay ears to this kind of complain-torrent?! 

I know this most likely isn't the most popular post and looking back at previous posts, which contain threads about FSDT and/or COUATL products, this is a very sensitive subject. People seem to think, that these products, must be blamed for everything from unexplained crashes, slow startups, incompatibility and/or instability. 

I'm terribly sorry, people, but I really think something had to be said, before this went out of control. 

(Now, I'll slither back to my bunker, and await the artillery!)

• Like 10
  • Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

And this one is done - I've let it go on because there was some good info in between the snarky comments but now it's getting a tad ridiculous.

I commend Umberto for remaining calm in the face of some very rude and uncalled for comments

• Like 5

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors