Sign in to follow this  
sem

How do i ad liveries?

I have the thomas ruth a320, yes the thomas ruth one, but that aside i dont know how to add liveries, i want to ad the lufthansa livery + sharklets

i have the thomas ruth on Prepar3d V4.2 (i downloaded from rikoooo)

Basically it goes like this....

Download the livery you want to add, then unzip it and follow the directions in the readme file.

What you're going to do is copy the texture file from the zip file in to the texture folder of the Tom Ruth plane you have installed in P3D.

Next, there should be a text file in the readme (or elsewhere in the zip file) that you are going to copy and paste in to the aircraft cfg file of the Tom Ruth plane, taking care to ensure that it runs in logical sequence, ie. [fltsim.xx], where "xx" equals the next logical number for your repaint, like [fltsim.02] would follow [fltsim.01] and so on.

Hope this helps..

2 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

Basically it goes like this....

Download the livery you want to add, then unzip it and follow the directions in the readme file.

What you're going to do is copy the texture file from the zip file in to the texture folder of the Tom Ruth plane you have installed in P3D.

Next, there should be a text file in the readme (or elsewhere in the zip file) that you are going to copy and paste in to the aircraft cfg file of the Tom Ruth plane, taking care to ensure that it runs in logical sequence, ie. [fltsim.xx], where "xx" equals the next logical number for your repaint, like [fltsim.02] would follow [fltsim.01] and so on.

Hope this helps..

Did all of this, but nothing, its still not there, i dragged the texture, and added the thing the readme wanted to, the only thing i did was i put in [fitsim.18] because that was the next number

18 minutes ago, sem said:

Did all of this, but nothing, its still not there, i dragged the texture, and added the thing the readme wanted to, the only thing i did was i put in [fitsim.18] because that was the next number

Think you may have misspelt [fltsim.18]? Or was that a typo...

Does your basic T. Ruth aircraft have a sharklets model?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

40 minutes ago, charliearon said:

That would be my suspicion as well....

You can't add a livery for a different model than the original, it won't work.

There could also be a mismatch between the original and the add on in the cfg entry...

Pay close attention to the "sim=" and "model=" lines in the aircraft cfg file.

2 hours ago, charliearon said:

Probably not, i downloaded it from Rikooo in a pack, do you maybe have a link for it?

Did you look inside of your aircraft folder for the sharklets model?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Make sure the livery/model is ticked as a favourite in P3D

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

You are probably trying to use the Project Airbus model which T. Ruth made compatible for FSX.

As their sharklets model was only for FS9, I doubt you can make that work in P3DV4, especially not with a virtual Cockpit.

you could check out the Project Airbus Forum, there used to be a download section where you may find the original files...

Dominik