Sign in to follow this  
newtie

UTL traffic question- ID'ing generics

Hi all-

I got my first repaint installed in UTL thanks to some great help here.

Now that I have the general idea, I'd like to know how to ID generic ai aircraft in order to replace them at a selected airport.

As you can see in the attached pic, I need to find out what to replace those two Daedalus ac with at KSFO.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HmRRi1ujBR4rxRlzTXTr1fpfWmqR6Wgc/view?usp=sharing

What's the procedure (or tool) used to do this?

Thanks,

Mark

The way I've gone about doing this is by looking in the map of LittleNavMap. Since it connects to P3D, it also displays all the AI around you, and it should show you call signs and stuff like that. I believe that should give you the info you need to figure out what assignment to make in UTL's UI.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

If you look at the statusboard in UTL, it'll show you acft by parking spot and flight...I've slewed around looking for Daedalus generics, and when I see one, I look at the board to see what it is.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I believe there’s an option to disable those generic ones. 

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

17 minutes ago, Shylock_35 said:

Yes - but that's not what Mark is after. He wants to identify them so he can replace the generic repaints with proper versions.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Like already said, LittleNavMap in combination with the status board from P3D menu is the way to identify the generic repaints easily.

Whenever i see one i check which airline it is and correct the repaint it immediatly with UTL_FP.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

6 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

Like already said, LittleNavMap in combination with the status board from P3D menu is the way to identify the generic repaints easily.

Whenever i see one i check which airline it is and correct the repaint it immediatly with UTL_FP.

What is the meaning of FP in UTL_FP?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I guess "Flight plan" as you can convert .txt flightplans from AIG, UTT ... to UTL's xml format.

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

I'l try LittleNavMap this morning and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Mark

18 hours ago, Benjamin J said:

The way I've gone about doing this is by looking in the map of LittleNavMap. Since it connects to P3D, it also displays all the AI around you, and it should show you call signs and stuff like that. I believe that should give you the info you need to figure out what assignment to make in UTL's UI.

Thanks for this Benjamin. LNM has some serious horsepower for a free program.

Not sure how I missed that.

Mark

25 minutes ago, newtie said:

Thanks for this Benjamin. LNM has some serious horsepower for a free program.

Not sure how I missed that.

Mark

You're quite right, it's amazing piece of free software that does anything and everything a 'normal' user might want from such a piece of software, with wonderful integration into the sim. What I specifically love about it, is that it reads your scenery library, permitting it to display the scenery you have, with all of its (in)accuracies. You can then easily choose your departure gate as it shows you exactly the AFCAD that's active in the sim. This also means that when I'm inbound to an airport I just switch to LNM and find the ILS frequency and heading right there. I prefer it over charts, as the scenery may not actually be updated to the point of the chart, and thus the chart may not give you quite the info you need.

But, that's only a fraction of what it does. Have fun discovering all of it's function :)

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

2 hours ago, JoeFackel said:

I guess "Flight plan" as you can convert .txt flightplans from AIG, UTT ... to UTL's xml format.

That was my first thought too. But when I see a Daedalus (generic) repaint on an airport doesn't this mean that a flight plan already exists but the correct livery for the airline is missing?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Exactly. But you still can deactivate the UTL stock schedule of an airline and add via UTL_FP an actual of this one.

Signature3.png

On 1/30/2019 at 7:28 AM, Shylock_35 said:

On 1/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, SierraDelta said:

Yes - but that's not what Mark is after. He wants to identify them so he can replace the generic repaints with proper versions.

Stupid question. How do I enable generic repaints? I have not seen any Daedalus repaints on my airports since quite a long time. I think in my set-up it is disabled but can't remember how to enable/disable, neither do I see any option in GUI.

- Harry 

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Stupid question. How do I enable generic repaints? I have not seen any Daedalus repaints on my airports since quite a long time. I think in my set-up it is disabled but can't remember how to enable/disable, neither do I see any option in GUI.

There is a sticky in the UTL forum:

You need to open the ui_settings.xml located in your main UTL folder with Notepad. Towards the bottom look for <useGenericPaints>false</useGenericPaints>. Change it to <useGenericPaints>true</useGenericPaints>.

Signature3.png