Sign in to follow this  
yankeegolf3

awful textures after upgrading to V4.4

Hello,

My previous version was V4.3. It worked fine I was very pleased with the photoscenery rendition (Megascenery). I've upgraded to V4.4 using the client installer. Now I am getting awful textures with photoscenery and with default scenery. Everything looks awfully whitish. I have not changed any settings. It is a disaster. Any idea?

WINDOWS-PC-2019-jan-29-001_zpstrotkyv6.j

THX

38 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello

I don't know anything about those parameters. I use the default settings. It is not related to add ons because the problem is there with the default scenery. 

PTA, Evenshade and other shaders related add-on's will change the entire environment of P3D, even default sceneries..

S.

When you upgraded to 4.4 did clear the shaders before installing 4.4 .

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

24 minutes ago, rjfry said:

When you upgraded to 4.4 did clear the shaders before installing 4.4 .

Yeah, I was gonna say the same thing. It's generally recommended to delete the Prepar3D.cfg and the shaders after updating Prepar3D. The 'whiteness' you see can come from 'old' shaders being used with the new version of Prepar3D that you just installed. At least it doesn't hrut to try... For the Prepar3D.cfg, instead of deleting it entirely, rename .cfg to .backup (or something like that), just in case you run into any trouble.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

There seems to be a pattern here. It seems to have nothing to do with a third party shader. I have posted exactly the same issue over on the P3D forum and also contributed to a similar thread by Chris Low here on Avsim... BTW, the guys at LM, on the forum, don't seem to know the cause. The advice has been to try reinstalling each scenery to see which is the culprit. Hmm, seeing that the issue is also with default scenery, I fail to see how this would help. 

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The OP screenshot looks very much like some kind of shader issue to me as everything is affected. It could be a simple matter of adjusting the in-built P3D HDR as I find the setting is too harsh by default. All the other obvious stuff of disabling all shader tweaks like Tomato, PTA and flushing the shader cache have been mentioned already.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I had this issue when I first installed 4.4 after adding in my PTA preset from 4.3.  There was definitely a change to some of the shaders that effect terrain lighting.  Disabling the terrain lighting and or greatly reducing that particular setting in PTA solved the issue.  I have not seen the issue since then.  It's odd people are seeing it with a default 4.4.  Something is definitely amiss with a shader it seems...

Edited by Flic1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

13 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello,

I deleted the shaders folder in order to generate a new one. Nothing has changed. By the way I am not using HDR.

Then I deleted the cfg file. Nothing has changed. textures white

Next step?

THX

I did exactly the same and saw no improvement.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

43 minutes ago, yankeegolf3 said:

Hello,

I deleted the shaders folder in order to generate a new one. Nothing has changed. By the way I am not using HDR.

Then I deleted the cfg file. Nothing has changed. textures white

Next step?

THX

Have you gotten into your graphics driver setup and played with the color / gamma / contrast etc. settings?

That would be next thing I'd do I guess.

I would think that would be a shader problem as well -- surprised it didn't fix it.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I had the same problem after upgrading to v4.4, but found some shaders here that work really well: https://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA

All these shader utilities modify the default files - all it takes is one missed backup/restore glitch and the shaders are not functioning normally. One of the first things I do after an update is to make a copy of the HLSL Shaders folder. Easy to get back to normal that way.

I agree - those images are either some shader mod gone wrong or some gamma setting in the driver.

Obviously if it was an issue with the default 4.4 we'd all have the problem.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors