Sign in to follow this  
RichieFly

Can't figure this one out

I've got this 'thing' going on and I can't figure it out. Let me lay it out here and hopefully someone has seen something similar and can guide me.

With different aircraft (A2A, PMDG and FSL) and with weather/sky software running (AS, ASCA and Rex Skyforce) after a certain amount of time I lose control of the aircraft. The control surfaces move, but have no effect. No other clues; no error message, no windows' sounds, nada. It seems to happen after a certain amount of time. Usually about 10 minutes.

I've spent all day on this so far with no success. Hoping someone has seen this before and can reply.

Thanks.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

I've seen it when I didn't have FSUIPC set up properly.  Do you use FSUIPC?

I've also had this happen when I had a dirty controller.  I've also had failing controllers do that.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Yes. I use the paid version of FSUIPC5. 

I don't think it's the controllers as they all stop responding at the same time.

Also to add, this just started about 2 weeks ago and I thought I had it solved, until it started again. 

😞

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Go to "Device Manager" and check each USB device (Hub) and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off this device" is unticked.

You will need the check each one under HID andUSB controllers.

It can get ticked again if you update widows or add or remove a USB device.

Here is a tool that will do it for you http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Edited by ZKOKQ

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

One thing I didn't mention is that Chaseplane also becomes unresponsive at the same time as the controls not having effects.

This is really time-consuming testing. My current pet theory is that Rex Skyforce is the cause. I had a smooth and longish flight with it off. With it on/loaded, I had the same problem after about 10 mins.

Will update if I figure this out.

Richard Chafey

MSFS 2020, DCS