Sign in to follow this  
Wrightt

ATIS-Runway in use

About to pull the trigger on this great application after the test period, but I am confused about something. Listening to ATIS at KMSP, the wind was (accurately) reported as 31017G28, but the runway in use for arriving and departing aircraft was 22.  With that wind, is there a reason why the active runway wasn’t 30L and/or 30R?

The overriding rule for Pilot2ATC is runway length and winds for preferred runway.  Preferred runway is set with taximnt.

Now if  you are using atc from X plane, it can often be wrong as ATIS starts before Xenviro on my system so it takes a bit for things to align.  Usually X plane will come to the same conclusion as p2atc.

Choices.  Use force pilot runway and change it as you think it should be with 'set rwy' button.  Don't forget after you change runway also perform another autoplan to get the new procedures.   Set RWY doesn't appear like it works but it does just need the autoplan to display the change.

I agree sometimes p2atc choice is weird like a runway change because when wind = 0 the direction also changes causing active runway to change.

Thanks, Jeb, that is helpful. As I have been running the test version, I have used KMSP (my home airport) quite a bit, and it uses 04/22 almost exclusively. The funny thing is, that runway is very rarely used in real life - basically only when there are strong southwest winds. 12/30R & L and the relatively recent 17/35 get almost all the traffic. I willl look more closely at taxi maint. Thanks again.

I just looked and I think runway length is the rule working here.  Not sure if configured for airliner if this makes a difference.

I don't use force much as this takes away the opportunity for a possible arrival change.

I think things are going to come together at some point.  Many applications each making active runway decisions differently.  Ugh.  I don't know how many times I land into on coming traffic!

All products need to enable 'force pilot runway' selection like P2ATC so we can get better reality.  One day. 

Glad you feel helped.  Now buy it you will never want to fly without p2atc.  Just for the moving maps and large list of features you can't go wrong.

Have a great flight

I had unchecked 04/22 in maint, and it picked 30L for my next flight. That would be the rwy I would expect. 😀

Thanks, Dave. Wonderul product.