Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Ace Combat 7: Coming to PC

Arriving on Jan 31st for PC! I remember playing these and staying in my room for days while my mom occasionally slid water and raw meat for me under the door.....😋

And it's also nice to see Truesky, lost to us with the death of Flightsim World, finally used to its higher potential.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/502500/ACE_COMBAT_7_SKIES_UNKNOWN/

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That's how a flight sim should look and perform. But I already hear the "It's because it's got not complex systems!" and "It's because it's got not complex scenery!" baloney...

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I got it for my lad on Xbox One. Its great fun.

9 hours ago, Murmur said:

That's how a flight sim should look and perform. But I already hear the "It's because it's got not complex systems!" and "It's because it's got not complex scenery!" baloney...

Yeah, but popping autogen tho... 🤷‍♂️
https://youtu.be/1iDQEf5CHrU?t=1670

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Wow, that popup is an eye sore indeed.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

7 hours ago, F737NG said:

Yeah, but popping autogen tho... 🤷‍♂️
https://youtu.be/1iDQEf5CHrU?t=1670

I suspect that's to stay within the console memory and speed parameters. Wouldn't be surprised to see a hack for it pretty quickly on the PC

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

😋 Wing Commander..... With Planes.

Devons rig

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

😋 Wing Commander..... With Planes.

Wing Commander dialog for sure, complete with an extra helping of 1990's cheese. 😊

Does this have HOTAS and TrackIR support? Padlock view? It looks goofy but it might be fun, if you can fly it successfully from the cockpit instead of that external rear view. 

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

Hotas had problems due to a bug, but is being fixed. No idea about TrackIR

Devons rig

It's probably optimized for a game controller, which I don't have. I'll keep an eye on it and see if HOTAS gets better. Thanks for the heads-up!

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

How to play Ace Combat 7 PC, Mission 7 w/ TAA and other settings Enabled: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Ace_Combat_7:_Skies_Unknown

Devons rig