Sign in to follow this  
tubbsds1

[Answered] FSP updates

Hey Simbol hope you are well.  

I was wondering if the new FSP updates (like the 777 stage 4.01) bring those models into compliance with how things should be done?  I noticed they included effects now...  Just wondering.

Dave

Edited by tubbsds1

Hi Dave,

One way to check is by removing the effects files temporally and see what the AI Models does, the latest versions I checked were using those effects to add Dynamic Lighting but not light textures, which is strange as it is like building something half way there.

So if you remove the effects, and the lights textures are still showing after restarting P3D, then it means these models are still using objects instead of full lights effects for the navigation lights.

In any case AI Lights Professional Edition (on Beta) is able to perform deep analysis of each AI Model installed on your system and it will report any models that are not compliant with Lockheed Martin best practices.

Kind Regards,
S.

I hope your Beta testing is going well I am looking forward to AI LPE giving users more control over lighting for AI.

Regards Ray Fry.

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hello
Will the Prof. version also be able to replace the Nav Lights of the FSPXAI models because the lights look awful. For me it looks in the Sim as if the Nav lights discs were very ugly.
Can not wait to buy the Prof version, hope it does not take too long.

Best

Torsten

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

8 hours ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Hello
Will the Prof. version also be able to replace the Nav Lights of the FSPXAI models because the lights look awful. For me it looks in the Sim as if the Nav lights discs were very ugly.
Can not wait to buy the Prof version, hope it does not take too long.

Best

Torsten

Hi Torsten,

AI Lights Reborn Professional edition can install effects to any AI Models as long as they are P3D SDK complaint, unfortunately so far none of the FSPXAI models are following the P3D / FSX guidelines to install lights, the developer of these model is using custom objects and solutions rather than implementing what it is required by P3D and therefore their navigation lights are not posible to be replaced.

There has been a lot of debates about this issue with FSPXAI on AIG forums and even directly via the developer Facebook page, so it is quite a well known issue.

The professional edition will be out this year for sure.. no too long to wait.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol

I wrote FSPXAI personally to ask him if would consider changing the way he makes  the lights here is his response:

"How to control Nav and Strobe flash timing with effects? I think it is almost impossible.

they said that if you could change the model so that the lights have contact points, their product would work with your models
FSP "X" AI -  Product support  page

I NEVER follow MS/LM SDK as for lightings
Boaz
why not?
FSP "X" AI -  Product support  page

I answered it above

lease don't get me wrong, but as my 20 years experience of FS addon modeling, I came to an idea that I don't want to use effects files in my model due to it is something harmful for performance beside good looks/appearance.
So that I selected current odd way for light parts on my models.
Boaz
OK I respect that,
  • Like 1

Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Well that says pretty much everything.. he doesn't want to follow the SDK instructions.

In terms of performance, I disagree, everyone else is using the effects without any issues..

Regards,
Simbol