Sign in to follow this  
matthewpow

2019 Business Jet

It's 2019. In fact, almost a month in (I hope you all know that). That said, what business jet is good out right now (or soon)? I know it's been discussed here before but I would appreciate it if anyone had any recent news on business jets for v4 since mid-2018. Thanks 🙂.

Matthew Simmons

Falcon 50 from Flysimware is a good plane to start 2019.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

It looks to be getting some major texture upgrades too, it’s now on my wish list.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Wow. I missed that Falcon50 thread. Vastly improved textures. It'll be much more enjoyable to fly once those drop.

In other planes, the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 is a fun little beast to fly as long as you're OK with the less-than-accurate systems modeling. For instance, it has autothrottles. The real plane does not. But it's decently well-modeled. It's good-looking. It's a real fuel hog like the real thing so you'll be landing to refuel a lot, which means you get to take off and land a lot. And the 8 track with the 70's funk on it is hilarious.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eslader said:

Wow. I missed that Falcon50 thread. Vastly improved textures. It'll be much more enjoyable to fly once those drop.

In other planes, the Xtreme Prototypes Lear 25 is a fun little beast to fly as long as you're OK with the less-than-accurate systems modeling. For instance, it has autothrottles. The real plane does not. But it's decently well-modeled. It's good-looking. It's a real fuel hog like the real thing so you'll be landing to refuel a lot, which means you get to take off and land a lot. And the 8 track with the 70's funk on it is hilarious.

+1 on the Lear 25 and I would say it's extremely well modeled, (considerably more detail in both the exterior and VC models than the FSW Lear 35). I've replaced the tracks on the 8 track player with my own music, with multiple tunes strung together on each track for extended play. I actually enjoy using it while flying. Neither have terribly deep or accurate systems implementations however. 

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

The VC in the Lear 25 in UHD is excellent. Quite a nippy aircraft too. Recommended.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Im hoping that the XLS finally gets RTM this year. I am sure Carenado will pump another 3/D model with a textured VC out at some point as well. 

I also missed that Falcon thread. Once they release that, I will definitely look into it. I used to fly the FSW Lear a lot but it is showing its age. 

Matthew Simmons

I've never had good experiences with Carenado. I got one of their products a few years back and it looked great, but it didn't fly great and the system modelling was next to none. Have they improved?

Matthew Simmons

12 minutes ago, matthewpow said:

I've never had good experiences with Carenado. I got one of their products a few years back and it looked great, but it didn't fly great and the system modelling was next to none. Have they improved?

Not really

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some of their stuff is pleasant to hand-fly but as soon as you want to use that G1000 you find yourself frustrated.

I got their Phenom 300 and it's absolutely beautiful, but the G1000 is atrocious. If you use Navigraph you have to buy the Navigraph extension for it, but if you have the extension installed you can't auto-load flight plans from P3d's flight planner. And that's a problem because the G1000 is so flawed that it can sometimes be difficult to impossible to properly enter it by hand. So you can either fly it with up to date navigation data that doesn't do you much good because the navigation system is broken, or you can bypass the input process by not using Navigraph, but then you have to deal with 13 year old nav data, and so your pre-loaded flight plan won't work anyway unless you revert your sim back to the past.

Even the basic systems don't work right. Several of the light switches control the wrong lights, etc.

It's very frustrating. Lots of us would be willing to throw more money their way if they'd put some effort into the systems, but all they seem to be interested in is making things pretty.

If you guys know a dev that makes a better 850XP or Piper Cheyenne III, i'm all ears...😎