Sign in to follow this  
matthewpow

2019 Business Jet

That's kind of the central problem of this thread. There is no such thing as a PMDG for bizjets. There probably never will be, which is too bad.

All we can do is give our money to companies showing a willingness to put some effort into it. FSW is one of those companies, and I'll give 'em my money, especially with them paying attention to the looks. I actually bought the plane awhile back. I haven't flown it much because it's pretty immersion breaking to have the whole cockpit look like a bad cartoon, but I wanted to support a company that was making the effort to get the thing flying and operating correctly.

By the same token, I'm not giving any more money to Carenado because they aren't willing to even attempt to get beyond the "pretty little toy" level.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

If you guys know a dev that makes a better 850XP or Piper Cheyenne III, i'm all ears...😎

This is presumably the difference between yourself and someone like me. I would love to fly a decent Hawker 850XP in P3D (preferably one retro fitted with an autothrottle), but It has to be top notch in all departments, not just the 3D model and textures.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

This is presumably the difference between yourself and someone like me. I would love to fly a decent Hawker 850XP in P3D (preferably one retro fitted with an autothrottle), but It has to be top notch in all departments, not just the 3D model and textures.

Presumably.

I'm perfectly happy with the Carenado 850XP until something better comes along.

Isn't EagleSoft working on anything? 😰

I remember their Citation from the FSX days... it was excellent.

Edited by Anders Bermann
  • Like 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

I would prefer the Citation X because it has even longer range, BUT I also like the Falcon 50 so this is great news!  Looking very good!

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Eaglesoft is making a new C750 and I presume it'll be available for p3d v4

It's just going to be a while.  Their C560 was in beta testing for FSX and then they plan to release it for p3d and v4 later.  They typically make study level addons

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can I mention the FSW Learjet 35A? It's so good and so much fun it's the only reason I haven't purchased their Falcon myself yet. A new update has just been released so support is good. Systems are excellent and so are most of the textures. I'm a fussy PMDG A2A type person and if their planes are 10s the Lear is easily a 9 IMO. Systems 10 textures 8. Looks and works great with gtn750 and rx mikviz WX radar too. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

The FSw Lear is an excellent add-on as well

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I wouldn't be holding out for Eaglesoft. I get the distinct impression from Ron that it will be another while before we see anything for P3Dv4. Having said that, if what they're offering is as good as their 32 bit Citation X, it will be nice when it finally does arrive.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

This is the only aircraft add-on I am looking to buy - a medium-range, well designed business aircraft with accurate systems. I wish PMDG had gone ahead and created a BBJ model; I wonder why they didn't as surely there seems to be a market for it and while it would have involved some meaningful work a good amount of it must have been done.

Dan Scott

There are BBJ repaints on Avsim for the 737. You won't get the extra fuel tanks for the longer range, but most BBJ owners don't have those either. I can kinda see why PMDG didn't do anything with the BBJ-specific variant of the 737 - that would be a lot of coding for something that probably not many people would have much interest in, since if we're looking to sim in corporate jets we're probably going with purpose-built ones rather than tubeliners.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:31 AM, nealmac said:

I wouldn't be holding out for Eaglesoft. I get the distinct impression from Ron that it will be another while before we see anything for P3Dv4. Having said that, if what they're offering is as good as their 32 bit Citation X, it will be nice when it finally does arrive.

Actually Neal we've posted this before but some may have missed it..

"Recent improvements in process and coding, along with new and competent beta test access allow us to at least consider the possibility of offering Citation XLS+ RTM for either Generation Three, 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3, or Generation Four, 64 Bit Simulation Platform such as P3DV4."

This would allow customer choice of Platform Specific Versions. More on this as final determinations are made.🤔

Edited by N400QW
  • Like 2

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

On 2/6/2019 at 10:17 PM, N400QW said:

Actually Neal we've posted this before but some may have missed it..

"Recent improvements in process and coding, along with new and competent beta test access allow us to at least consider the possibility of offering Citation XLS+ RTM for either Generation Three, 32 Bit Simulation Platforms such as FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, and P3DV3, or Generation Four, 64 Bit Simulation Platform such as P3DV4."

This would allow customer choice of Platform Specific Versions. More on this as final determinations are made.🤔

Sounds promising. And yes, I definitely missed that lol.

Best regards,

Neal McCullough