Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

Intermittant RC voice volume...

My earlier post and responses which solved the problem on sound issues has not resolved this current challenge!

Randomly the RC-voices suddenly go very, very quiet - almost completely inaudible.

Turning up the volume then results in a deafening voice when the situation goes back to 'normal' 😞

Checking in my audio devices I see there are FOUR audio devices listed and I am wondering if any of these is causing a conflict with the RC voice playback?

Listed devices are:

Intel (R) Display Audio: v 10.26.0.1    04/09/2018

nVidia High Definition Audio: v 1.3.37.4    03/04/2018

nVidia Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM): v 4.6.0.0   20/02/2018

Realtek High Definition Audio: v 6.0.1.7541   18/06/2015     As far as I am concerned/aware, this is the default sound device.

Despite the dates shown above I can see in W10 that updates for each of these drivers is shown as 12/01/2019 which was the date of the 'Autumn' (1809) update for me!!!

Anybody else having similar issues?

Ken 😉

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Ken,

The problem is almost certainly down to a W10 feature. Go to Control Panel - Sound - Communications tab and change setting to 'Do Nothing'. See if that helps.

I have the same problem with GSX sound.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

And I have it with ProATC-X.  You may have to keep repeating the process Ray has set out.  It seems Windows can fiddle with this after each session.  Before I start P3D I've got into the habit of going into the setting, selecting "Mute All Other Sounds" and "Apply" and then re-selecting "Do Nothing".

ngxu_banner.png

Hi Ray,

already did the 'do nothing' bit but still having the issue!

Will try the method as described by 'ailchim' (thanks) and see if that works for me.

Computers, eh?!

Ken 😉

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Ken,

Try selecting another option, hit Apply then the do nothing one again and apply. It is a pain but it does work... eventually.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Select correct speaker system in the sim also, should be the same as in your computer (under general settings in P3D). That solved this problem for me.

Regards

Johnny Holmgren

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

I have just developed this problem out of the blue.  Didn't change anything and went from trouble free to buggy.

I use the Rift S, but this has been trouble free up to now!

beta.gif