Sign in to follow this  
MaxdeLangen

Aircraft barely moving

Dear people,

I do not know why, but my pmdg 737 is barely moving... When I am taxing it goes so slow. I give like 60% thrust and it's still almost not moving forward. So also when I want to start taxi it cost a lot of time before the plane finally moves.

Anyone who is familiar with this problem and can help me? Is this problem caused by the settings of FSX or is it a technical issue due to the aircraft? I really want to know how to fix it

Greetings Max

Brakes released?  Look down on the pedestal to see if there is a red light.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Since you are in FSX, here is something real quick to try.  Just before applying power to taxi, do a CTRL+SHIFT+F4.  You may have something in your default flight causing a "Mixture" set too low, which will affect your jet engines. And maybe even prop feather from a turbo prop causing issues.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

3 hours ago, MaxdeLangen said:

Dear people,

I do not know why, but my pmdg 737 is barely moving... When I am taxing it goes so slow. I give like 60% thrust and it's still almost not moving forward. So also when I want to start taxi it cost a lot of time before the plane finally moves.

Anyone who is familiar with this problem and can help me? Is this problem caused by the settings of FSX or is it a technical issue due to the aircraft? I really want to know how to fix it

Greetings Max

Check to make sure you removed the wheel chocks. I think the chocks being in place are the most common reason for your issue.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the responses, my parking brake, and the wheel chocks are both released so that is not causing this problem.

I also did a quick CTRL+SHIFT+F4 but it also made no difference?

Any other suggestions? I am literally giving a lot of thurst but the aircraft is barely moving

Did you find the problem?

Are you using rudder pedal controller with toe brakes?  Are they calibrated and do you have the reverse sense block checked?

Dan Downs KCRP

I do have pedals installed and I use them as brakes. I do not use the Saitek Flight Rudder but just some racing pedals with the function as a brake. I didn't change the settings of that so it would be strange if the use of them can cause this problem. However, I can look if I calibrated them correctly. What do I have to do so the settings are normal?

You could try unplugging the pedals from your pc and see if that helps find the problem? Maybe without touching them there is slight pressure being applied already? You can also look in devices and printers if using windows and check they are calibrated correctly. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK