Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

Hmmm will have a look, worked ok with the VRI software. I think I might roll back the latest windows update and see if that helps as well, looking forward to using Linda

Does Linda also work on the VRI M Panel?

Also do you have a paid version of Linda or can I contribute somehow?

Cheers

Only if the M Panel responds like a normal joystick device then LINDA will support it. 

Use this link should you wish to make a donation. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Ok not sure if this is progress. I looked on device manager and the MCP is comm port 5. I can confirm this as I switched it off and it disappeared 

i updated Linda and the fscuip ini to reflect this. 

Linda is saying all is ok, I get the flash once then nothing happens. Not sure what I am missing. Do I need to download a profile or something?

I need to see the FSUIPC5.LOG and FSUIPC5.ini files to see what is going on. The panel flashing on starting your Flt Sim suggests that the FSUIPC is trying to connect. The Everything is OK message only indicate that the setup is correct. It does not mean that the connection is working. There is no profile you need to change. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi

Here are the two files, any help appreciated

General]
UpdatedByVersion=5140

FSVersionUsed="Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4",4.3.29.25520
SimConnectUsed=4.3.0.0

[LuaFiles]
1=ipcReady
2=linda

[VRInsight]
2=com5
1=com5

[Programs]
RunIf1=CLOSE,F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda.exe

********* FSUIPC5, Version 5.14 (3rd August 2018) by Pete Dowson *********
Running inside Prepar3D v4
Module base=7FFE734D0000
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit reported as Build 17134, Release ID: 1803 (OS 10.0)
Prepar3D.exe version = 4.3.29.25520
Reading options from "F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\FSUIPC5.ini"
Checking the Registrations now ...
User Name="Xxxxxx"
User Addr="Xxxxxx"
FSUIPC5 Key is provided
WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired
        0 System time = 23/01/2019 18:51:11
        0 FLT path = "F:\User\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\"
        0 Using DialogMode
       16 FS path = "F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\"

282 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      313 Run: "F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\linda.exe"
      360 LogOptions=00000000 00000001
      375 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      375 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      375 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
      375 VRI port 2 "com5" failed to open
      391 VRI port 1 "com5" opened
    26875 Running in "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D® v4", Version: 4.3.29.25520 (SimConnect: 4.3.0.0)
    26875 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

86407 -------------------- Starting everything now ----------------------
    86453 LUA.0: beginning "F:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Modules\ipcReady.lua"
    86563 LUA.1: [START] *********************** STARTING LINDA ***********************
    86594 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Loading System Configuration files
    86610 LUA.1: LINDA:: *********************************************************************
    86610 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] WARNING - All LUA logging switched off !!!
    86610 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] Go to Setup LINDA to switch on (if required)
    86625 LUA.1: LINDA:: *********************************************************************
    86657 LUA.1: LINDA:: [START] System Configuration files loaded

Edited by ScotFlieger
Removed excess and private information

Please do not post logs in thread. Use Fault Diagnosis procedure and email them to me. I have removed the excess and private information. Please ensure Verbose logging is switched on. The logs do not tell what LINDA is doing.

There should only be one FSUIPC5.ini entry for the com5. The log reports that FSUIPC has found the first and connected to it; the other fails. However, FSUIPC  does not register the VRI Combo version details which is required for it to work and for LINDA to use it. This is identical to other users users with a similar problem. I must raise this with the FSUIPC developer to see is so,etching has changed. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

No need. I’ve seen what I need already. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

How those gost comports came into FSUIPC i do not know, it may be there but the previous days it was not.

So that can not  be the problem, anyway...i deleted those.

The Gitlua.lua might be from the GoFlightInterface tool, wich i don't use but had installed previously.

It is removed now. I removed this software (goflightinterfacetool) now also, but it said it can not remove all files and i can not track wich of them are not removed. Maybe that software interferes with Linda?

The MCP Combo is working totally o.k. with the VRinsight software and the PMDG B738, but not with Linda.

While testing the VRinsight software i pressed the LAMP button and i DID hear a bong.....where after it dis not work anymore.

Is the LAMP button the press button the next right from the radio dail button?

I bought the MCP Combo to get it to work with Linda and use it with the Leonardo MD82, for wich i had no mcp. The rest of my aircraft i use the CPFlight MCP (wich USb connection also use Port 6 but its cable is disconnected while testing the MCP Combo)

I will send you the two logfiles.

Thanks for your support and regards,

Ben

Thank you for the latest log files. It still shows that FSUIPC is not receiving an acknowledgement of a successfully connection to your panel. I spent several hours this morning trying to reproduce the problem on my development system without success.

I assume that you tried to reset LINDA several times during your test. The fact that the panel disconnected when you operated the LAMP button (near radio knob) is of concern. It is the same as with another user experienced. He was advised by his hardware supplier to try a different USB cable. Please give this a try.

I has been in contact with the FSUIPC developer and he suggests adding additional FSUIPC VRI comms logging.  You need these lines in the [General] section of the FSUIPC.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x4

For more logging, with all data on COM ports use LogExtras=x44

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Not sure if this helps but when my VRI software was working, it would work ok until I pressed the lamp button and then it would crash the program (MCP 2 panel)

Spent some time on this last night, VRI software is not recognising any of my 3 panels which in its self is odd, my pc seems to recognise via com ports when something is connected and when I turn the MCP panel on and off.

I tried different combinations with Linda but still no luck, I agree that a windows update has changed something, not sure if this is having some conflict with FSUICP or a driver conflict of some sort

I think this is the same problem I have been looking at for you and a couple of other users. It appears to be related to Win10 power management of USBs despite the panel being powered from a transformer. Try a different USB cable.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK