Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

1 minute ago, Bentree_ said:

Andrew, the reset disconnects the MCP Combo....lights go shortly on and the panel goes back into standby mode again after that.

Further confirmation. Thank you. Can you reconnect?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

no....to reconnect i have to selcet "open port" again and sometimes close the little app and start over. The MCP combo stays powered all the time.

i had to start the app again because it would not "open port" otherwise

Edited by Bentree_

I think the serial port remains open. Try the Close Port then Open Port and Connect.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hmm....i was not able to reproduced that. I can open port and reconnect at any time now. But LAMP test and RESET PANEL disconnects the device every single time. OPEN PORT and CONNECT works every single time.

I have to go out and can get back here in the evening (Amsterdam Time GMT +1)

Thanks a lot Andrew

Ben

Hi

tired the app today. The first step was all fine but then nothing happened after that, something is not correct but once it works via switching the panel off and on whilst the VRI software is on it all works fine. 

Very ofd

Hi Guys

I have been passed a special build of FSUIPC5 5.150h which enables the CMDRST command to be disabled.

Just copy the FSUIPC5.dll into your /modules folder. To activate, (i.e. disable CMDRST calls) add a new flag to the [General] section of your ini file:

VRIDisableCMDRST=True

This should disable all sending of CMDRST.

FSUIPC5.150h.dll

Also add this to your FSUIPC5.ini [General] section for extra logging:

Debug=please

logextras=x44

Finally, you will need to edit your common.lua file in /modules/linda/system/ and comment out line 153 with 2 dashes:

-- com.write(dev, "CMDRST", 😎

Email me you FSUICP5.log files as before.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello Scott or anybody who may have advice

I have not used my VRINSIGHT MCP 2 for a while about a year but it now refuses to work, latest version of linda, fsuipc and P3D v4.4. tried everything and it does connect to the vrinsight software ok and I can send commands. it just never switches to the aircraft profile in the sim. its fully configured in linda correctly and Linda is syncing the aircraft profile into P3D but the dam VR just does nothing. a couple of times I have managed to get it to connect to an aircraft in P3D by powering the unit and forcing an lua reload (default FSX) and the MCP2 responds and loads up with the appropriate displays but all is frozen, really annoying I assume is some dumb windows update change. the comport is loaded up and the driver is in devices so I have no idea after a day of stuffing around with fresh reinstalls of everything etc. Any body have any ideas. Only other think I can try is a windows 7 test bed to see if its windows 10, I don't think its the hardware as it fires up with the VR software but who knows stranger things have happened for sure. I guess this is why its best to fly real aircraft as flight sims are just a bug pain in the a#$#

thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi Wayne

i have merged your query with one on exactly the same theme. Please read other posts before posting fresh threads. 

There is an issue with the VRI Combo retaining a firm connection with recent updates to Win10. I have not been pin the issue down to one thing. The only confirmed aspect is that the power drawn by the panel lights seems to cause the comport to fail and stops LINDA communicating with it.  

Please read the preceding posts and try the special build of FSUIPC5 5.15h which disables the panel reset command (flashes lights). Ensure you make the changes to FSUIPC5.ini for extra logging.

if you are able to use your Win7 system then that would be very useful to confirm or deny my hypothesis.

Please send me the logs following the pinned fault reporting procedure thread. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

thanks and will do when I get a chance

regards

wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

OK there is something funny going on but after much stuffing around I have a workaround at least for my system, I noticed the Com port 3 not opening in Linda console so I get around it as per below and its working perfectly, not exactly sure whats causing this probably something that changed in windows

Fire up linda

fire up p3d

wait about 4-5 seconds then turn on the MCP2

in the linda console I can see that com port 3 is now opening and it functions as per normal in the sim

Would love to find out whats causing this but at least I can fly, I will test this in win 7 or an old version of windows 10 and see if this is the cause, hopefully this works for others that are having the same issue

Regards

Wayne

Wayne such

Hi Wayne

Thank you for the update. Your workaround sounds very much like you are bypassing the initial FSUIPC5 initialisation of the panel. This is what the special FSUIPC5.DLL (above post) and edits to LINDA common.lua should do. Try it please. With your workaround does the panel reset or the lights flash?

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Yes i did try the mods but nothing,  with the workaround it does flash

Wayne such

Actually from memory i think it resets not flashing

Wayne such

Will try the new file on the weekend. All the issues sound similar. 

None of my panels are recognised via the VRI software unless I switch them off and on whilst the VRI software is searching. 

My issues sound a little different but would be interesting to see if the new file helps

as always appreciate all of your help