Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

30 minutes ago, Hans_11 said:

I did some testing with the Mooney Bravo and all seems oke. In the PMDG 737-800 however not all knobs and button are working. It would be great if you can have this fixed or fix it. Many many thanks for all your effort. The e-mail contains the MCP combo screenshots and the log and lua files of both planes.

That is good news. The new FSUIPC 5.15i has your panel working. The problem with the PMDG737 is that you have the wrong functions assigned. I have sent you the correct config-mcp2.default with instructions.

The correct assignments for the PMDG737NGX are shown below:

PMDG737-EFIS2.jpg

PMDG737-MCP2.jpg

PMDG737-COM2.jpg

Edited by ScotFlieger
Images updated for MCP Combo 2 Boeing

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hey scot

Complicated issue,  im not sure whats up with mine not initialising correctly but at least i have a work around and it does work,  just a quick question any chance of a linda profile for just flight duchess be76 twin in the future

Thanks 

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 minutes ago, suchw said:

Hey scot

Complicated issue,  im not sure whats up with mine not initialising correctly but at least i have a work around and it does work,  just a quick question any chance of a linda profile for just flight duchess be76 twin in the future

Thanks 

Wayne

Have you tried the fix above. It should avoid the need for a workaround.

i am not the module expert. You should post a separate request for the aircraft. I offer no guarantees. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Cheers ill try the fix,  thanks for your superb support

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi Andrew,

At the moment i am very busy with work, so therefore i did not try the solutions yet.

I will probably try it on friday and come back with the results.

Thanks.

Ben

• Like 1

Hi

Still doesn't work for me with the new DLL, I'm not sure what's going on with my MCP2 panel what ever it is it changes when I install new software eg I just installed PMDG 737 and FSLABS and to get the MCP2 panel to hook I now have to run P3D for 5 seconds then switch on the MCP2 for P3D to capture the MCP2, initially it was 2 seconds then 3. Does not matter it works just very strange and seems to be a different issue that the others are having

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

spoke too soon now my MCP2 wont connect no matter what I try I just get a port failed to open in the linda console, im beginning to think I have an intermittent MCP2 hardware issue because when it connects its works flawlessly but 99% of the time it just wont connect even though its present in devices 

Wayne such

28 minutes ago, suchw said:

spoke too soon now my MCP2 wont connect no matter what I try

Hi Wayne

The only thing I can suggest is that you obtain a high grade replacement cable. Another user was advised this with his brand new panel by his supplier.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

This is great, the MCP Combo is finally working !

I downloaded the new FSUIPC file via the link in this tread and tested the MCP Combo with the default Mooney, the PMDG B738 and with the Leonardo MD82. They all work.

There are still some minor issues:

1. Not all the buttons and knobs in the PMDG B738 work as they should (probably i need the same file you have send Hans with instructions, can you send them?)

2. The Leonardo MD82 just a few knobs work, but it seems that i just have to assign everything because in the MD82 file not all buttons are assigned. I assigned the SPD, HEDG, ALT and VS rotary knobs just now and they worked after that. I even have all the numbers in the MCP Combo display working when i change SPD, HDG, ALT of VS and i thought i had read that after the latest Leonardo update the MCP Combo still works but not the display. Well....here the display is working fine.

3. Pressing the LAMP button still gives me a disconnect of the MCP Combo. But when that is all, i can live with that....when we could get that to work i would be happy though. But at least now i can assign the MCP Combo to work with the Leonardo MD82 for wich i bought my MCP Combo 7 weeks ago.

Your feedback and support is great, and that for a freeware program.... i is fantastic. When it was not for you, i would have had a device here that i was not able to use, now i can.

I donate to contribute to the Linda Program now.

Do you want my logfiles? when you do i will send them by email.

Thanks again!

regards,

Ben

Good news Ben. I would have expected that the Light/Lamp would trip the panel connection.

I will read your detailed comments tomorrow and reply back. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Good news! My Vrinsight Boeing Combo 2 is now working with the standard P3D planes and the PMDG 737NGX. I'm so glad!

On Andrew’s advice I installed another Linda version (3.0.11), a new FSuiPC.ddl and added VRIDisableCMDRST=Yes in the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.ini. After that the default P3D planes worked. Next step was getting the PMDG 737NGX working but this was fixed quickly after getting the tip from Andrew about replacing a fresh copy of the PMDG 737NGX aircraft profile which can be download from https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/341971-pmdg-737-ngx-module-412-sept-2018/.

Andrew many thanks for the great support! Also the quick response and the willing  to help me with this problem is really appreciated.

Regards, Hans

that's great news hans my MCP2 has gone strange and I have the switch it on exactly 5.5 seconds after I run P3D in order for it to detect, usually I have to reboot the PC for it to detect if it constantly fails to find com port 3, even then its hit and miss but once it detects it works great. Where did you get Linda 3.0.11 and 3.0.9 is the latest, I agree awesome support

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

5 minutes ago, suchw said:

Where did you get Linda 3.0.11

Hi Wayne

The link to the test build LINDA 3.0.11 was posted above. It works with the latest test FSUIPC 5.15i for test the MCP issue by removing the CMDRST command sent to the panels. These changes stop the light power spike that is affecting several new users.

You will find LINDA 3.0.11 here and FSUIPC 5.15i here.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

24 minutes ago, Hans_11 said:

Good news! My Vrinsight Boeing Combo 2 is now working with the standard P3D planes and the PMDG 737NGX. I'm so glad!

On Andrew’s advice I installed another Linda version (3.0.11), a new FSuiPC.ddl and added VRIDisableCMDRST=Yes in the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.ini. After that the default P3D planes worked. Next step was getting the PMDG 737NGX working but this was fixed quickly after getting the tip from Andrew about replacing a fresh copy of the PMDG 737NGX aircraft profile which can be download from https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/341971-pmdg-737-ngx-module-412-sept-2018/.

Andrew many thanks for the great support! Also the quick response and the willing  to help me with this problem is really appreciated.

Regards, Hans

Thank you Hans for your kind words. With LINDA as the only alternative software for running the VRI Combo 2 panels, my aim is to support users and solve such issues that arise.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK