Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

18 hours ago, Bentree_ said:

Hi Andrew,

This is great, the MCP Combo is finally working !

I downloaded the new FSUIPC file via the link in this tread and tested the MCP Combo with the default Mooney, the PMDG B738 and with the Leonardo MD82. They all work.

There are still some minor issues:

1. Not all the buttons and knobs in the PMDG B738 work as they should (probably i need the same file you have send Hans with instructions, can you send them?)

2. The Leonardo MD82 just a few knobs work, but it seems that i just have to assign everything because in the MD82 file not all buttons are assigned. I assigned the SPD, HEDG, ALT and VS rotary knobs just now and they worked after that. I even have all the numbers in the MCP Combo display working when i change SPD, HDG, ALT of VS and i thought i had read that after the latest Leonardo update the MCP Combo still works but not the display. Well....here the display is working fine.

3. Pressing the LAMP button still gives me a disconnect of the MCP Combo. But when that is all, i can live with that....when we could get that to work i would be happy though. But at least now i can assign the MCP Combo to work with the Leonardo MD82 for wich i bought my MCP Combo 7 weeks ago.

Your feedback and support is great, and that for a freeware program.... i is fantastic. When it was not for you, i would have had a device here that i was not able to use, now i can.

I donate to contribute to the Linda Program now.

Do you want my logfiles? when you do i will send them by email.

Thanks again!

regards,

Ben

Hi Ben

I am delighted that things have started to work to you. To answer your minor issues:

1. I advised Hans to delete all PMDG737 modules folders from his existing installation and to download and install a new copy from the LINDA Download sub-forum.
  2. For those older modules that do not have config-mcpX.default files defined, it is the case that you will have to assign your functions to the MCP buttons and knobs. The .default files only contain our best guess on what are the essential or most relevant functions for each button. Not all users will agree with our personal choices.
  3. The LAMP button will have the effect of disconnecting the panel comport and disabling its operation for a few users like you.
  4. Unless you experience further problems I don't need to see any more logs.

Thank you for your kind comments. We do work to provide the best support we can.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

thanks Andrew cant hurt to give it a shot, cheers

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

My mcp2 is at least 10 plus years old and i suspect it has an intermittent fault hence my need to reboot and switch on five seconds after p3d, i get one chance then its another reboot lol.  I did try a new cable and im not game to buy a new mcp incase its not that and im stuck with a new one that does the same,  when i get a chance ill have to install the sim on another box to prove its the mcp2 that is the issue,  the joy of flight sim 

Wayne

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Thanks for the update Wayne. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

I am glad I found this thread.  My MCP Combo 2 just stopped working recently with the only change to my system being the 1809 windows update.  Followed the tips here and installed the test fsuipc and linda, and all works as expected again.  Thanks to all your hard work tracking down this issue.  I was pulling my hair out trying to discover what was going on.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant

Hi cshark172

When do you turn on your mcp2, mine refuses to detect 99% of the time,i dont recall this happening in the past, sometimes i get lucky if i switch it on around 5 seconds after loading p3d,  i have tried the fix but it does not pertain to this issue, i tried to explain this issue to vrinsight support but they are useless and just sent me garbage,  ive tried everything things its developed a fault as its pretty old unit

Thanks

Wayne

Wayne such

I usually turn it on before starting P3d.  No problems now with the new fsuipc an linda.

Kyle

Main Sim PC: P3D v5.2 & MSFS 2020, i9-10850k @ 5.0 GHz, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, ASUS TUF-RTX3080-12G, Dell U3011 30" IPS monitor, G.Skill 32GB 3200 Trident Z 14-14-14, Samsung 512GB 960 Pro NVMe (OS), Samsung 2TB 970 EVO NVMe (Sim), Win 10 Pro 64, Yoko Yoke, Saitex Combat Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant