Sign in to follow this  
Bentree_

VRI Combo Panel not connecting (merged)

I am merging this with another identical thread.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

For all:

I has been in contact with the FSUIPC developer and he suggests adding additional FSUIPC VRI comms logging.  You need these lines in the [General] section of the FSUIPC.INI file:

Debug=Please
LogExtras=x4

For more logging, with all data on COM ports use LogExtras=x44

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew,

I tried a different USB cable, also tried to put the USB cable in another USB connection.

It is was a powered USB Hub and now i have set it up directly into the original PC USB connector. Unfortunately no show.

The MCP Combo still works with the VRinsight software and the PMDG B738, but i want to use it with the leonardo MD82.

Although it works with the VRinsight software, when i push the LAMP button, it still disconnects.

I found out in the taskmanager that there are three entries of "Com Surrogate", sometimes two disappear from itself and one stay's there. I do not know what it is, but maybe it is something related to this problem?

I have send you the logfiles of my latest actions (different cable and new USB connection).

Thanks for your effort helping us.

Kind regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the latest logs. They were very useful. The extra logging shows that FSUIPC sends a reset command (CMDRST) which should flash the panel display and display the default message. FSUIPC then tries 6 times to send the connect command (CMDCON). This indicates that it is not getting the expected response (a reply of CMDCON) for the panel. In other words it can not see it of the USB Serial Comport. The comport exists but no panel.

FSUIPC would normally go on to get the Combo type (CMDFUN) and we are not seeing this information in the FSUIPC5.log. Either the panel is detaching intermittently or there is a communication fault.

I will think on this further.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

To all: Please note the following:

For the Combo to connect correctly it is necessary to restart the Flt Sim and FSUIPC each time it is connected. This is the only time FSUIPC attempts to make the connection. LINDA can be restarted at any time but it will only pick up the comport connection from FSUIPC. If you hit problems and want you try again, you must do a full restart.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi

Added the lines in ini file as mentioned but still no change, however I did notice that the VRI software now recongised the MCP panel

However this was short live now not detected again, maybe a driver issue?

Edited by Mantamuzza
Updated info

Guys

Your problem appears to be related to Win10 USB power management. Try this:

In the Power Options dialog from Control Panel, go to the Advanced setting and there's an option for USB settings. Open it up and disable "USB selective suspend setting".

USBPower.jpg

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Mantamuzza

The issue may well be correct. I have checked the FDTI website and I am using the latest drivers (2.12.28.0) dated 16/08/2017. There could be an interaction between recent Win10 update, the driver and your own hardware. The problems appear to be happening with users who have only recently purchased their Combo panels and freshly installed the drivers.

The fact that the VRSIM.exe is losing connection with the panel when it is reset (CMDRST used by FSUIPC and LINDA) or the lights are switched on is troubling. I do not know what further to suggest.

USBDrivers.jpg

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Very odd indeed. 

I updated the drivers as well but still no luck. The strange thing is that the VRI software will randomly pick up one of VRI panels but very random. 

According to device manager all com posts are good and up to date. 

I am also out of ideas and looks like at this stage I have some expensive papers weights for my cockpit.  

Appreciate all of your help and agree I think it’s a conflict between a windows update and the driver 

I have had my Panel for years and only experienced this problem in the last few weeks  

Edited by ScotFlieger

I have email the FDTI support to ask for suggestions.

Any intermittent disconnect should be accompanied by the device connect bing-bong tones.

This is my advanced setup for the USB Serial Port. It might help.

USBAdvanced.jpg

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Interestingly I have found that a work around in a sense. I find that with the VRI software if I have the panel switched off then scan for panels then switch the panel back on it find it and all works well. 

Cant get it working with Linda yet but has to be the same issue. 

I think it does not recognise the devices and I have to force it by switching on and off. Same with my M panel so had to be a driver issue 

As I stated previously, LINDA cannot connect to and operate the panel if FSUIPC loses its connection. FSUIPC recognises the comport and connects to it when P3D and FSUIPC initially starts.

My analysis of the logs is that it is FSUIPC sending after the initial connection a panel reset command (CMDRST) and flashing the panel lights that is causing your panel to disconnect (turning on the lights does the same). The FSUIPC developer states that FSUIPC makes no further attempt to reconnect after this initialisation. It is not LINDA that is failing - it is working correctly. It is that it cannot communicate with your panel once the connection is broken.

You can test this in 2 ways after using your VRISIM workaround:

1. Switch on the panel lights.
  2. Enter CMDRST (uppercase) in the Write box and click T.

I believe is a change to Win10 that is causing the issue with your USB Comport driver that is the source of the problem. I cannot explain why I cannot reproduce the fault. Until more evidence comes to light I cannot offer any further help.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK