Sign in to follow this  
wayne.stjohn09

Dead horse but PLEASE!!!!????!!!!

Is PMDG ever going to do a 757? I own...well I think all your products, but need a good mid range option. CS does not cut it and PMDG can completely rule the flight SIM world with a 757 and perhaps a 767.

Wayne

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I love how these days the supports forums are filled with requests rather than support for actual issues....

• Like 4

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

4 minutes ago, Stratox said:

I love how these days the supports forums are filled with requests rather than support for actual issues....

LOL, yes! Says a lot about the stability and quality of PMDG's products...

• Upvote 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

25 minutes ago, Stratox said:

It is a "General" forum.

David Porrett

6 hours ago, Stratox said:

PMDG uses the trouble-ticket system for official support.  This is more a user-to-user forum with some official support when the PMDG Team can respond appropriately.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

@wayne.stjohn09 Long time no speak Wayne (London Control here 😉 ). Boeing will tell you the 737-900 is the answer, but we all know it's not! The MAX10 might be an option if PMDG do the Maxes in their NG3 product.

Are you referring the P3Dv4 or FSX CS757, they're very different beasts?

Edited by ckyliu
  • Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Legends say PMDG turned away from the 767 out of respect for Level-D, who announced a 757 years ago with very little news since. To be honest, I would probably choose a PMDG 767-300/400 over and MD11.

• Upvote 3

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hey London! I have P3Dv4 CS 757. Not too bad of a plane but performance is awful. They seem more interested in a visually appealing aircraft then one that performs...

26 minutes ago, wayne.stjohn09 said:

CS 757. Not too bad of a plane but performance is awful.

Have it and not had a single issue with it. Depends how you quantify/qualify  'performance'

• Upvote 1

Wasn't PMDG's first aircraft a 757 for the "Fly!" flight simulator back in the late 90's?  I seem to recall owning that one.

jj

• Like 1

John Johnston

Might not be much use, but there is a fairly detailed 757 available for XPlane by FlightFactor.  Might be worth reading review on it if you are desperate for a 757.

2 hours ago, John Johnston said:

Wasn't PMDG's first aircraft a 757 for the "Fly!" flight simulator back in the late 90's?  I seem to recall owning that one.

jj

Yep, two decades ago this year.... hard to believe!

I've always been curious about the Level-D connection. I read many references (various sites) to a gentlemen's agreement of sorts between these developers so as not to step on each others' products; since most of what we read on the internet, and in particular flight sim forums, is true 😎 I wonder if anyone on staff could clarify.

Not looking for internal info or future developments, just seems like a scenario that might have been accurate years ago and time and development scenarios have moved on. My guess is that if the PMDG team was jazzed at the idea of a 75/67 and thought it a good biz proposition it would be in the cards... Even if that were the case RSR's updates seem to indicate their plates are full for quite some time.

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

2 hours ago, sddjd said:

I've always been curious about the Level-D connection. I read many references (various sites) to a gentlemen's agreement of sorts between these developers so as not to step on each others' products; since most of what we read on the internet, and in particular flight sim forums, is true 😎 I wonder if anyone on staff could clarify.

Not looking for internal info or future developments, just seems like a scenario that might have been accurate years ago and time and development scenarios have moved on. My guess is that if the PMDG team was jazzed at the idea of a 75/67 and thought it a good biz proposition it would be in the cards... Even if that were the case RSR's updates seem to indicate their plates are full for quite some time.

you would have to ask Ryan Maziarz, or Rob Randazzo himself, this goes way back

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

6 hours ago, sddjd said:

I don't know why you would believe anything you read on the Internet. I actually have the opposite attitude. But, even if your statement was true, they wouldn't give you an answer. That would be an internal business matter. As far as I know, PMDG never discusses or reveals such decisions to anybody but themselves. You're beating a dead horse.

I seem to recall somewhere that it was mentioned, that PMDG would mainly direct their attention towards airframes, which are current and which are still flying and operated and not 'dying' birds like MD-11, 757, 767, Tristar etc.
Now, before you start bending reality and brining the DC-6 into this, just stop. There have been given endless reasons by PMDG for developing that airframe.

Whether you agree or disagree with that, is another matter... 🙂 

You can probably search the forums - the answer (and requests for above airframes) have been given a couple of times, if I recall correctly.

• Like 2

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471