Sign in to follow this  
newtie

Missing UTL airline

I'm moving right along with my repaint education.

I'm starting out with smaller aircraft and will work my way up. Anyway, I hang out a lot at KSEA and over at the South ramp, there's always several Embraer 175s using the Compass airline. I cannot find a Compass airline anywhere in UTL to assign an Alaska/Horizon repaint to. I've even looked behind the refrigerator.

I copied the info from LittleNavMap (which I've recently just discovered) about this particular aircraft if that's helpful.

AI / Multiplayer Aircraft - 1 of 51 Vehicles
Title:
UTLive_E75_Daedalus
Airline:
COMPASS
Model:
E175
N333CZ
Type:
EMBRAER
Wingspan:
85 ft

Thanks,

Mark

Edited by newtie
sp

Hello Mark,

Sort by Airline  ...  under Select Carrier chose Delta Airlines (DL) then its in Select Operator, Compass Airlines (CP)

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

Yeah, what Bill said. There's a lot of these airlines that operate under the brand of larger airlines, and Compass is one of them. But, if you look at the Wikipedia page of Compass Airlines, you'll see they also operate E175 aircaft for American Eagle (on KLAX-KSEA), besides Delta Connection (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compass_Airlines_(North_America)). So, to be sure that you are hitting the 'right' Compass E175, you'll have to go to American > Compass as well (if it's there, not at my home computer now so can't check)

The same will be true for Skywest, Republic, etc. Wikipedia is a pretty good reference for these sorts of things, I found.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Thanks for that. I poked around a bit after Bill's post and see that some of these airlines function as a subset of a larger one as you have mentioned. I've also found out that some repaints don't always work (wind up being black).

There's a whole world that surrounds ai that I've never known about. Very exciting stuff!

Mark

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Thanks for that. I poked around a bit after Bill's post and see that some of these airlines function as a subset of a larger one as you have mentioned. I've also found out that some repaints don't always work (wind up being black).

There's a whole world that surrounds ai that I've never known about. Very exciting stuff!

Mark

Yeah, and it is easy to get lost in it.😉 I am just fighting with ASA SKW and don't understand why UTL displays it as Daedalus, though it seems to be correctly assigned and the UTL name does not contain "DEFAULT" .

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

20 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Yeah, and it is easy to get lost in it

Not only am I lost, but I have no map and it's dark outside 😯

I just installed an A319 United at KSEA from FAIB. Man, these are nice models.

Yes, FAIB models are great.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

And make sure you make backups, backups and backups ... In the beginning I lost a few days work (adding new ai models and repaints). That was a real pain ...

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

4 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Yes, FAIB models are great.

I need to donate to this group. Somebody has some work in these ac.

13 minutes ago, Nemo said:

And make sure you make backups, backups and backups ... In the beginning I lost a few days work (adding new ai models and repaints). That was a real pain ...

Quick question for you Nemo.

Can I substitute, say, a CRJ900 repaint for a CRJ200 without complaint from UTL?

I'm looking at RavenLabs and their 200 has not been released yet. They do have a 900 though.

This would be to replace a Jazz CARJ2000 (got this notation off of LittleNavMap so I'm assuming it's a CRJ200).

Thanks,

Mark

You can assign anything you want. You could even assign a Boeing 747 to it and UTL won’t care 😉 the fact is that this is also the way to update your fleets without changing default schedules: just assign different aircraft models to the models that may have changed from the schedule.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Good news and thanks.

Also Benjamin, is there a way to pull a list of generic aircraft from UTL? I'm using LittleNavMap, which is great, to identify what models are where which is a bit laborious. I'm thinking if I had a list I could hit the major airlines with a repaint provided they're flying it that particular ac.

Thanks,

Mark

3 hours ago, newtie said:

Good news and thanks.

Also Benjamin, is there a way to pull a list of generic aircraft from UTL? I'm using LittleNavMap, which is great, to identify what models are where which is a bit laborious. I'm thinking if I had a list I could hit the major airlines with a repaint provided they're flying it that particular ac.

Thanks,

Mark

I have a small txt file which includes a list of those UTL a/c which are displayed as Daedalus in P3D. Got it from somewhere else (maybe UTL forum). I'll check it later.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry