Sign in to follow this  
goggi

APU Low pressure Fault

Hi,
When loading the Panel State NGX SHORT after startup, the APU is always in the Low-oil-Pressure/FAULT condition.

Repeated attempts with the Maintenance option (operating the Service option, then setting All Failures=NO, same for the APU, then saving to the NGX SHORT State) did not sort out the problem.

At times also the Overwing Doors generate alarms.

Thanks for your advice,
Giorgio Goggi

P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737 NGX
PS: - already checked the Forum all the way back to 2014 for this APU issue
       - NGX should be up to date, no Notifications of further updates

Giorgio Goggi

If you've saved over the ngx short state with another state it's probably got corrupted. You will need to either reinstall or load cold and dark AFTER exiting sim and LOADING a fresh livery make changes to it and then save as a new short state. The original is probably now beyond hope of recovery! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

What Russell said.... also, the overwing door false alarms is realistic. The real thing does this too (some of them).

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks for the advice.
Re-installed the NGX. It does not help.
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

1 hour ago, goggi said:

Re-installed the NGX. It does not help.

Please avoid reinstalls as a troubleshooting step in the future. It usually just wastes time, at best, and makes a mess of things at worst.

Only reinstall if someone from official support channels specifically recommends it.

Please do note that you have had two different people give you advice on how to fix it, and so far, it was ignored in favor of an unnecessary reinstall. I'm all for people trying to help themselves, but when people ask for help, they should take a moment to try what's suggested.

• Like 1

Kyle Rodgers

Please read the first suggestion. It suggested reinstalling.
Exactly what I did (see my last post).

Giorgio Goggi

13 minutes ago, goggi said:

Please read the first suggestion. It suggested reinstalling.
Exactly what I did (see my last post).

Reinstall the panel states - very different.

Delete the panel state and either run the installer in "repair" mode, or just delete the panel state and make a new one.

Kyle Rodgers

I shouldn't have used the word reinstall in my suggestion. It was only there to suggest you COULD do an entire reinstall OR you could just fix the problem by creating a fresh panel state. The contrast in work involved was obviously not noted by my post sadly. A PROPER reinstall is not a simple 2 mouse click process, it involves making sure not a trace remains of the product on your system before installing again. Too big a process to actually talk about here and even if it did work nothing has been actually learned by the user during the process so the problem is quite likely to reoccur. 

If you are in the mood for deletions go into your panelstate directory. If fsx then fsx/simobjects /airplanes /pmdg /737/panelstate (from memory) then DELETE all panels in there EXCEPT CLDDRK (unless you saved over that one as well). Add a new livery in PMDG operations center (this ensures your plane is shiny new and factory fresh) load panelstate CLDDRK and start all over. If you get states you are finally happy with then go to that panel state directory you found earlier and back up your states by copying to another location. 

Then you should be set up solidly again without having to do a proper reinstall which as Kyle said... Well you can read those comments yourself! 

Deleting corrupt panel states and backing up tested GOOD ones will take less than a minute. 

Edited by sloppysmusic
Auto spell
  • Like 1

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation! I shall follow your suggestions.
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi