Sign in to follow this  
jfmitch

Progressive taxi

Is there any way to change the color/colour of the progressive taxi arrows to red from yellow.  The yellow blends into the snow and is hard for this old man to see.

Jim

The arrow texture sheet is:

GEN_game_yellow_arrow_BIG.dds

located in ...\scenery\global\texture.

I wouldn't advise editing it, unless you know what you are doing. The texture sheet has an alpha channel (transparency) and is mip-mapped (multiple resolutions). One would have to use either Photoshop or ImageTool (from the P3d4 SDK) to create a single resolution version of the file, then edit that file with Photoshop and re mip-map it.  Try searching online to see if someone else has already done that for you. A modified texture for FSX should also work with P3d4.

6 hours ago, jfmitch said:

Is there any way to change the color/colour of the progressive taxi arrows to red from yellow.  The yellow blends into the snow and is hard for this old man to see.

Jim

I have what you're looking for.

wovjznH.jpg

6qYYyHE.jpg

jfmitch1716(at)rogers(dot)com

Edited by charliearon
Shouldn't be posting your email on the open forum. Use PM

39 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

I have what you're looking for.

wovjznH.jpg

6qYYyHE.jpg

Any the solution you have is what and where?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

58 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Any the solution you have is what and where?

Joe

Send me a PM with your email.

14 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Done

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Muuuuuuch better! Thank you, Bill!

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Must be the snow but not as bright as your photos.  Better than yellow though.  Thanks Bill.

On 1/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, BillS511 said:

Hope to still get an email reply.

Joe

5 hours ago, joepoway said:

Hope to still get an email reply.

Joe

Resent and received

6 hours ago, BillS511 said:

Resent and received

Works great I definitely prefer the red

thanks

Joe