Nyxx

Passing over LEIB

LSGG- LEAL

Passing over LEIB

Enjoy!

leib.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Must be such a lovely route to fly...nice capture...you enjoy the flight too...!

David, a small question for you, as you are the 'ace of the base', IMHO.

How do I get the brightness levels up in a A320 cockpit at night? Despite all the relevant rheostats being fully right, the overhead and cockpit lighting was so abysmal, that I abandoned the night flight I was going to make and opted instead for a PMDG aircraft.

Hi Rick,

Happy to help you in any way I can.

Well first thought was the A320 is a bland cockpit no matter what. Do you use PTA,? Because with that you can brighten the cockpit to your own taste. I made the shadows darker in the VC. But again you can set up the VC just how you like.

But for night flights I would Also go for the PMDG NG with the FSL spot lights. Not blowing my own trumpet but I really like the photo real one I made using all but one light available. It’s just got more about it than a A320 cockpit. More so at night.

But PTA/ Tomato will give you the tools to make the VC look how you like it Rick. Brighten darken the shadows the same with light, even day night options.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Good Morning David, on this icy day.

Thank you for your reply. I do not have PTA installed, nor do I have Tomato Shade. Will the FSL Spotlights which I did download from FSL do the trick? It's only the FSL A320-319 family that have this dark cockpits syndrome at night. Rest of the aircraft such as PMDG's collection or the more recent CS757-200v3, no brightness issues. Yet, watching a YT presentation by an ATPL trainee at EBBR he seemed to turn the dome light on and everything in a R/L simulator at the Baltic Academy seemed so bright.

Will try your suggestions although I would not want PTA or Tomato to mess up the other aircraft..

Morning 🙂

It might be best to take a screenshot of the A320 in the day and one at night so I can see what you're seeing Rick. You have to have FSL Spotlight to have lighting in there Bus's

Edited by Nyxx

32 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Morning 🙂

It might be best to take a screenshot of the A320 in the day and one at night so I can see what you're seeing Rick. You have to have FSL Spotlight to have lighting in there Bus's

Hi David. Unfortunately, the image-hosting website that was recommended here has gone pear-shaped, so I now have no means to attach images. Is the FSL Spotlight which I downloaded from my FSL account pretty simple to install in the FSL's Airbuses?

Pity I cannot find an Airtours or IEA repaint for the A320xxx

Edited by vc10man

OK Rick from your reply it sounds like you need a slap 🙂🙂🙂 

You have to DL and install FSLSpotlight to have full working lights within FSL Bus. Just run the installer and then am sure you will see the difference when you operate the lights within the VC.

Let me know how it looks once you have Spotlights up and running. 

Keep warm 🙂 

Dave.

BTW the bus as a cockpit will never look this good IMO. This is what FSL Spotlights look like within the NG with my lighting ini.

Main-Panel-Lighting-Photo-match.jpg

Full info here Have a read. https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/19489-pmdg-ng-800wl-update-now-600700900/

PS you do not need to do anything within the FSL A320 as you do with the NG, Spotlights are integrated within the knobs within the aircraft.

Will go and stand in that corner, David, with a Big D hat on! Consider slapped🤣🤣

Will do as you instruct me tonight when I get home to the sim. Will try your fix too for the NGX that got rave thumbs-up.👍

If according to that link I just read, Lefteris states no need for the FSL Airbuses because Spotlights are already built in, how come it is so dark then? That's precisely what stopped me from doing a nigh flight last night.

Edited by vc10man

Yes, the FSL Spotlights are "built-in" meaning they work with the switchers in the VC e.g the dome light operates the dome light. But you have to have Spotlights installed.

With a profile like the one I made you have to use the FSL Spotlight UI as per the post I linked. 

Thanks for clearing that up, David. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

22 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for clearing that up, David. Looking forward to trying it out tonight.

How did you get on Rick?

32 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

How did you get on Rick?

Good Morning David.

If I could buy you a virtual or a real-lfe drink of Thanks, I'd do so. You are the Man! Worked a treat.

Pity that when I took off from Polish Airports Vol1 Katowice, where I was a few years ago, when the PFD prompted me to CLB THR, after the Wizz Air liveried A320 followed the SID, and I switched to AP1, it decided to come on for a millisecond then refused to come on again. Result? I could not even follow the track of the flightplan imported from PFPX.

Tried to then turn off the A/THR button but that too refused to go off despite completely turning my Microsoft ForceFeedback Sidewinder II joystick side throttle tab. Had to abandon, and go to a CS757-200v3. Not a single issue with it.

Genius😎 that you are, David, did not want to bother you with this.

Edited by vc10man

Glad you sorted it, Rick, you're more than welcome. 

Strange problem, no idea on that one. 

Have a good weekend. 🙂 

Hi Dave. Probably a bit too late for you to read this reply as I have only just got it. Notification failed for some reason.

Thanks to Norman and Gerard on the FSL Forum, managed to sort it all out and have just spent the time since mid-afternoon enjoying 2 glorious flights. First with that same routing WizzAir A320, Katowice-Glasgow, and then easyJet from Glasgow to Manchester in the A319.

It goes a long, long way when there are such helpful folks like yourself, Gerard(think he's Dutch)and Norman to make a product so much joy to use. This FSL product is beginning to grow on me as much as the 747-8i.

Likewise to you. Hope you don't get frozen weather.

Edited by vc10man