Sign in to follow this  
LewisW296

Logbook.bin Missing

Good Evening, 

As stated above, I'm missing my logbook.bin file which seems to be killing my FSX on startup. Any solutions as to a fix? A reinstall is not really an option as that would be around 2 weeks worth of sim time in my current circumstance. 

Kind regards

A missing or deleted logbook.bin should not matter.  When starting FSX, a new one should be built.  Are you looking in the right place for it?  My documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder.

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

At startup, any module being loaded by the dll.xml is being loaded.  If any are missing, corrupted, or not up-to-date, FSX may crash.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks both for the replies. Ironically, it suddenly worked with a new cfg build. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:02 PM, charliearon said:

A missing or deleted logbook.bin should not matter.  When starting FSX, a new one should be built.  Are you looking in the right place for it?  My documents/Flight Simulator X Files folder.

No I wasn't. Someone else pointed me at the same directory as the cfg file. I completely forgot about the My Documents location. 

On 1/31/2019 at 11:05 PM, Jim Young said:

At startup, any module being loaded by the dll.xml is being loaded.  If any are missing, corrupted, or not up-to-date, FSX may crash.

Dll.xml? Is that the file that controls all the prompts on the splash screen? 

6 hours ago, LewisW296 said:

Dll.xml? Is that the file that controls all the prompts on the splash screen? 

No.  It's a file inside the same folder as your fsx.cfg.  Add-on developers use it to load modules like ActiveSky, FSUIPC, and the Addon Menu you will see after you load your flight to the airport you are departing.  In the FSX menu you'll see an Addon's menu.  Click on that and you can configure some of them like FSDT airports.

Glad your problem is fixed.  The number one fix for all CTD's and freezes in FSX is rebuilding the fsx.cfg.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10