Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Navajo Glow

Its a know thing that the turbos on the Piper Navajo glow at night due to heat,never thought I would see this in sim but wow here it is! I discovered it tonight while crossing from Iceland to Greenland. Note the red glow coming from inside the the engine cowl

Car-PA31-43.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Nice one, I have the chieftain but wish I would have had the Navajo instead.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

Navajo Chieftain was my first ME airplane not involving my ME rating.  Quite an impression to see that glow at night through engine louvers.  Dang, that's HOT! 

Rich Boll

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

17 hours ago, FPStewy said:

Nice one, I have the chieftain but wish I would have had the Navajo instead.

Can you expand on this, been thinking of one or the other but can't make up my mind.

it's basically 99% the same plane in my humble opinion except that the Chieftain has the GNS 600 while the Navajo has the 6 pack instruments. With GA aircraft I now prefer flying with instruments instead of GNS600 or G1000.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

OK, gotha. I prefer steam gauges too. My conundrum is that Chieftains is more common where I fly and I like the commuter version too. I'll just have to mull a little while longer I guess lol

But thanks anyways :)

***Super Cool***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick