Sign in to follow this  
treyk64

FSX:SE CDT Loading scenery of New Airport

I hope you guys can help a newbie ....

I added addon scenery for KECP (produced in ADE). I have added the scenery to the addon scenery location and added to Scenery Library using Scenery Config Editor. Everything looks as it should until I select KECP in "Free Flight" under current location and select "Fly Now". The screen shows loading scenery objects. It only gets to 0% then a message displays "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program". What is unique about this scenario is that it's a NEW airport (built 2012) and not a base one that is just being updated. I have successfully installed three other updates to airports that existed when FSX was in production and no problems.

File locations:

scenery.cfg is located at c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg and all appears well with the exception of this issue.

The scenery were placed as per instructions in this directory: c:/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/Addon Scenery/KECP/scenery

The texture files were placed as per instructions in this directory: c:/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/Addon Scenery/KECP/texture

Sound files went to as per instructions in this directory: c:/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/sound

Effects files went to as per instructions in this directory: c:/steam/steamapps/common/FSX/effects

Laptop Details:

Intel core i7-7600u cpu @ 2.80GHz  2.90 GHz

Installed Ram: 16 GB

Event viewer reports the fault as:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: g3d.dll, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9ab4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000191ce
Faulting process id: 0x4e4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b9d965ad0229
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\g3d.dll
Report Id: 67c28869-7c6a-4e3d-b1fb-d18e28005183
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Use FSUIPC for FSX and this program will trap the G3D error. Otherwise, there is no known fix for this error.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you. I was reading the CDT documentation and saw the recommendation for using FSUIPC. So I installed FSUIPC4. The bulk of the log shows but not sure I have all the right logging turned on yet. You can see where my last flight plan was KRYY to St Simons then I changed the plan from KECP (the problem airport) to KSSI. I select "FLY NOW" and get the message that there's a problem. I admit I am not sure what all this log is telling me.

78 Trying to connect to SimConnect Steam ...
       94 FS path = "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\"
      219 LogOptions=A0000000 0000001D
      219 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      219 ------ Setting the hooks and direct calls into the simulator ------
      219 --- CONTROLS timer memory location obtained ok
      219 --- SIM1 Frictions access gained
      234 --- FS Controls Table located ok
      234 --- Installed Mouse Macro hooks ok.
      234 --- Wind smoothing fix is fully installed
      234 --- SimConnect intercept for texts and menus option is off
      234 --- All links checked okay
      234 -------------------------------------------------------------------
      234 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay
      234 Trying to use SimConnect Steam
      234 Opened separate AI Traffic client okay
     1844 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.62615.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.62615.0)
     1844 Initialising SimConnect data requests now
     1844 FSUIPC Menu entry added
     1875 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=Y
     1875 C:\Users\sk1243\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\Flight Start.FLT
     1875 C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\A2A_C172\C172.air
     1875 Ready Flags: Ready-To-Fly=N, In Menu=Y, In Dlg=N
     1922 Memory in use: 900Mb, Avail=3195Mb, MaxFreeBlock=2023Mb
     5000 Planned flight from KRYY to KSSI
     5000 C:\Users\sk1243\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\VFR Cobb Co-McCollum to McKinnon2.PLN
     5000 Weather Mode now = Theme
    72109 Memory in use: 1080Mb, Avail=3015Mb, MaxFreeBlock=2023Mb
    86937 Planned flight from KECP to KRYY
    86937 C:\Users\sk1243\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\VFR Northwest Florida Beaches Intl to Cobb Co-McCollum.PLN
    93625 *** EVENT: Cntrl= 66514 (0x000103d2), Param= 0 (0x00000000) ATC_MENU_CLOSE

The FSUIPC log really does not show the module that might have caused the crash.  That's in AppCrashView or in Windows Event Viewer.  I see you did try to load a VFR flight.  There could be something wrong with that plan.  When you hit the FlyNow button, your location you indicated you would be departing would be loaded, scenery in the area, the aircraft, weather, terrain, etc.  If you just made the flight plan and it saved properly, there should be no problems.  But, you might have gotten the plan from another computer or individual and the parameters used to develop the plan are not there on your system.  The very first thing loaded after you hit FlyNow is scenery. 

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim ... sorta stumped on this one. I can create a plan in the native planner from KECP other airports from from other airports to KECP. KECP even shows on the planning map with the proper route. I can also set starting point at a KECP gate or active runway. So planning seems to function. There must be something wrong with a scenery file. I've not be able to find a way to contact the author. I'll just leave the files in the addon scenery area for now until something comes to me.

You did say that FSUIPC for FSXwill trap the G3D error. Could you elaborate. Not sure what to look for there if the log isn't where the error is captured.

Trey

41 minutes ago, treyk64 said:

There must be something wrong with a scenery file. I've not be able to find a way to contact the author. I'll just leave the files in the addon scenery area for now until something comes to me.

You can check this by disabling the scenery at Settings>Scenery Library (at the startup screen).  Then loading the plan and using the default airport.

43 minutes ago, treyk64 said:

You did say that FSUIPC for FSXwill trap the G3D error. Could you elaborate. Not sure what to look for there if the log isn't where the error is captured.

This is the reason why I bought FSUIPC (although most functions work in the unregistered version).  The G3D error gave misery to many members some years ago and still does.  Here's a portion of a recent flight I took with FSX.  This is the end of the FSUIPC report:

Minimum frame rate was 16.9 fps, Maximum was 146.0 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 969Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 4105 secs = 41.7 fps
G3D fix: Passes 55156, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 0, Separate instances 0
Maximum AI traffic for session was 146 aircraft
Memory managed: 1948 Allocs, 1948 Freed

In my case, my flight did not run into any issues requiring FSUIPC to trap the error so you can continue on your flight w/o interruption.

Submit News to AVSIM

You can check this by disabling the scenery at Settings>Scenery Library (at the startup screen).  Then loading the plan and using the default airport

1 hour ago, Jim Young said:

You can check this by disabling the scenery at Settings>Scenery Library (at the startup screen).  Then loading the plan and using the default airport.

Here's the rub though ... there is no default airport to back out to for KECP. It only opened in 2012. For example, I uncheck updated scenery for my home airport KRYY and it goes back to stock just fine.

So do you get that report in the unregistered version of FSUIPC? If not, l'll register. The problem though is I have to actually get into a flight involving KECP in order to capture anything like that since it errors out loading it's scenery.

Maybe we should go get ready for the Superbowl and forget KECP!

Trey

3 hours ago, treyk64 said:

So do you get that report in the unregistered version of FSUIPC? If not, l'll register.

It works with the unregistered version.

3 hours ago, treyk64 said:

The problem though is I have to actually get into a flight involving KECP in order to capture anything like that since it errors out loading it's scenery.

Once you have activated KECP in your scenery library, perhaps you need to run MakeRunways.  Then FSX will "see" all of the runways for all of the scenery active in your scenery library.  It's on the same page as the FSUIPC - http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Submit News to AVSIM