Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

EFB Not working for landing data

Hi!

Was flying the 747.8F from EDDK - ESSA yesterday... on the departure it worked fine on the performance page but during cruise when I was planning the approach and entered the landing page in the EFB I couldnt populate the data on the EFB. When I clicked the copy from FMC button it just went back to the EFB without any data.  When selecting the airport through the search function. It did not populate any fields at all.

Anyone else seen this problem?

/Niklas Eriksson

Niklas Eriksson

There's two landing data pages. You enter the data into the Landing DIspatch page, and then it's the Landing En Route page where you enter in more information and get the actual data.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

That wasnt my question, the qiestion was that I was not able to enter anything to either of the pages

Niklas Eriksson

1 hour ago, Nigge said:

That wasnt my question, the qiestion was that I was not able to enter anything to either of the pages

How were you trying to enter data?  One may use the EFB keyboard or one may right mouse click the Show Keyboard button and enter directly from the keyboard same as using Tab to enter directly to the CDU scratchpad.  It doesn't make sense that your entry for takeoff would work but not for landing.  Need more information.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, Nigge said:

I guess the wording was a little confusing because when you said "I couldnt populate the data on the EFB", I thought you were talking about getting the actual landing speeds. My bad.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Ah sorry about that, the problem is that i cant select the airport 

Niklas Eriksson

It should automatically populate the landing destination based on FMS information.  Have you selected a destination AND approach or runway in the FMS?  Separately, one should be able to find ESSA using search function... not sure of how this wouldn't work.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes thats how I have done it previously... everything was set in the FMC... but the EFB just "Loaded" for a second and then nothing...

Niklas Eriksson