Sign in to follow this  
sosuflyer

747-8F ZFW not displaying properly

After pushback and engine start, I saw that my zfw was 650k lbs, but during my preflight, I had set it to 641.3 before loading fuel and flightplan.  I tried putting 641.3 back into the payload page, but it would stay at 650. I then had to enter 629.2, which then displayed as 641.3 on the payload page. The weird part, is that the PERF INIT also shows 641.3 after right clicking it to reload it, but the EFB shows 629.2k lbs after importing from aircraft; the number I would type into the payload page that would display as 641.3. I will attach a screenshot once I figure out how..........

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

the plane and efb dont share the lbs and kg setting. make sure you check this.

It is set to lbs. It shows that in the screen shot

Edited by sosuflyer

~William Genovese~

-14C

Was there any precip in the area, perhaps?

(Weird question, I know, but there's a reason I'm asking.)

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

-14C

Was there any precip in the area, perhaps?

(Weird question, I know, but there's a reason I'm asking.)

I think I know what you're getting at. There was no precip, but maybe I should have run some anti-ice on the ground anyway? 

Forgot to mention that after I took off, the fmc 'fixed' itself and registered the zfw as 629.2. So I typed in my 'correct' weight of 641.3 and it accepted. And come to think of it, the auto anti ice system kicked in on takeoff and initial climb, even though clouds weren't touched till 7000'. Maybe it was registering ice even though there was no precip?

~William Genovese~

1 minute ago, sosuflyer said:

I think I know what you're getting at. There was no precip, but maybe I should have run some anti-ice on the ground anyway? 

Forgot to mention that after I took off, the fmc 'fixed' itself and registered the zfw as 629.2. So I typed in my 'correct' weight of 641.3 and it accepted. And come to think of it, the auto anti ice system kicked in on takeoff and initial climb, even though clouds weren't touched till 7000'. Maybe it was registering ice even though there was no precip?

I have found that certain add-ons (or perhaps the default sim behavior) will add ice "weight" to make the aircraft more sluggish and difficult to control as a result of ice.

Granted, at -14C, precip should already be frozen, and it would not freeze to the airframe (snow would have to melt and refreeze, and ice would simply bounce off or blow off in the relative wind - at <-10C, you wouldn't want/need AI because of these concepts), but not all add-ons handle all of the logic perfectly.

I'm hesitant to suggest it as the cause in this case (I've only seen it in actual precip), but it's possible.

What other add-ons were you using at the time?

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I have found that certain add-ons (or perhaps the default sim behavior) will add ice "weight" to make the aircraft more sluggish and difficult to control as a result of ice.

Granted, at -14C, precip should already be frozen, and it would not freeze to the airframe (snow would have to melt and refreeze, and ice would simply bounce off or blow off in the relative wind - at <-10C, you wouldn't want/need AI because of these concepts), but not all add-ons handle all of the logic perfectly.

I'm hesitant to suggest it as the cause in this case (I've only seen it in actual precip), but it's possible.

What other add-ons were you using at the time?

FSDT Louisville, active sky with asca. 

~William Genovese~

5 hours ago, sosuflyer said:

active sky with asca. 

If it happens again, close these and check.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

If it happens again, close these and check.

Yup will do. I remember other people experiencing this with icing, so I was aware of that, but I didn't see any icing conditions since it was clear below 7000 no precip. Oh well

~William Genovese~