Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

"HI IDLE ON FLARE" - Option!

Hello Captains. 

At the simulation settings page (fmc) we can enable or disable the "HI IDLE ON FLARE" option. I red the manual but i still don´t undrestand what this option is good for. Should i enable this option for getting the most realistic flying experience? 

That's your decision to make. The manual says that enabling it is more realistic, but also has a drawback where because of simulator limitations, there may be a delay in thrust reverser deployment.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

The actual aircraft will keep the engines spooled up slightly higher than idle thrust to facilitate a go-around with less delay getting the power up.

Dan Downs KCRP

I have no idea what this is... while I have the 747, I just haven't flown it as I've been very busy with other Beta work. 

So I'm just spit balling here...maybe a higher idle to support Engine/Airfoil Anti-Ice, especially while on the ground?

Anyone tried Google or SmartCockpit.com?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 minutes ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I have no idea what this is... while I have the 747, I just haven't flown it as I've been very busy with other Beta work. 

So I'm just spit balling here...maybe a higher idle to support Engine/Airfoil Anti-Ice, especially while on the ground?

Anyone tried Google or SmartCockpit.com?

As Dan says, I believe that it is an 'approach idle' thrust setting to facilitate compliance with the certification requirements that the engines must spool up from idle to a go-around thrust setting in no less than 8 seconds.

This would not be possible at the lowest possible engine idle speed so when the aircraft is in flight the EECs maintain a slightly higher idle setting then they do on the ground.

Yeah, got interested enough to break out the books... yeah, high idle through flare.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.