Sign in to follow this  
AirbusCG

Falcon 50 altimeters

Greetings,

is there any chance we might get an hPa readout on the primary altimeters or maybe even the electronic one we have seen in the Learjet in the past for the Falcon?

At the moment I have to use the standby altimeter to convert the values from hPa to Inches.

Talking about the altimeter, any chance you could split the primary and standby altimeters so that we have to set their subscale seperately?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

11 hours ago, Emi said:

Greetings,

is there any chance we might get an hPa readout on the primary altimeters or maybe even the electronic one we have seen in the Learjet in the past for the Falcon?

At the moment I have to use the standby altimeter to convert the values from hPa to Inches.

Talking about the altimeter, any chance you could split the primary and standby altimeters so that we have to set their subscale seperately?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

The altimeter we modeled does not have hPa. Not sure why they have this type of altimeter for a plane that can fly everywhere. Other panel layout indeed have both IN HG and hPa.

I am not sure there is an easy way to split the subscale because the drum wheels both read default code that tells them to adjust. And the source from the knob would be the same default code.

Edited by Flysimware

8 hours ago, Flysimware said:

The altimeter we modeled does not have hPa. Not sure why they have this type of altimeter for a plane that can fly everywhere. Other panel layout indeed have both IN HG and hPa.

I am not sure there is an easy way to split the subscale because the drum wheels both read default code that tells them to adjust. And the source from the knob would be the same default code.

Maybe a custom altimetry system for the standby altimeter would be a solution if that's feasable. You could use this opportunity to not just include the custom scale, but also the altimeter error. So far I have seen only one addon on the market which features this error and that's the iFly 747. PMDG, FSL, etc. are all far too accurate compared to real life.

The primary altimeters are connected to an Air Data Computer which gives both a very accurate reading at high altitudes, usually they read within +-40ft of each other, mostly even within 10-20ft.
The standby altimeter however is uncorrected and therefore usually reads about 200ft off at altitudes above FL300.

I can get you some sample photos from different levels if you need some data, feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!

On 2/1/2019 at 8:19 AM, Emi said:

he electronic one we have seen in the Learjet

Emanual,

excuse me if I'm being a WNA but how to cahnge to hPa in the Lear? I've been trying out Radar Contact in Europe and they use realistic local settings so I was forced to use the B button....I couldnt see how to switch to hPa? Thanks!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK