Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Second voice calling out V1

On my take-off run I hear the call outs by the co-pilot but there’s another voice also calling out Vee One.

Any ideas how to prevent it?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just now, Ray Proudfoot said:

Intro Manual goes over all of this.

One voice is the automated callout (configured in the aircraft-specific options).

The other voice is the simulated FO (configured in the general simulation options).

Both options groups are under CDU MENU > PMDG SETUP >

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks Kyle. I did go through the intro but not all sections.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Kyle. I did go through the intro but not all sections.

Welcome. Yeah, a lot to digest.

CTRL + F and "V1" should get you to both quickly. My description, above, is from memory. The doc will have the exact path/page.

Kyle Rodgers

58 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Welcome. Yeah, a lot to digest.

CTRL + F and "V1" should get you to both quickly. My description, above, is from memory. The doc will have the exact path/page.

Found it. Page 77... V1 CALLOUT: Allows you to select the GPWS “V1” callout to ON or OFF.

It's probably on. Don't need to hear the computer voice as well as my copilot. Yes, quite an intensive couple of weeks but things are definitely better now and I can even start the engines and get the throttles to react. Happy days. 😃

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

On my take-off run I hear the call outs by the co-pilot but there’s another voice also calling out Vee One.

Good Evening Ray

Are you by aby chance using FS2crew's Rebot NGX? If by any chance you do, then, unless you disabled the PMDG737NGX call-outs in the FMC, you will get those two voices calling out V1.

30 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Good Evening Ray

Are you by aby chance using FS2crew's Rebot NGX? If by any chance you do, then, unless you disabled the PMDG737NGX call-outs in the FMC, you will get those two voices calling out V1.

No Rick, just an option set in PMDG I need to turn off.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

as well as my copilot.

Who is your co-pilot unless you are either using MCE or FS2Crew.? Otherwise, in default there is no co-pilot

40 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

an option set in PMDG

which is what I recommended that option in the PMDG Setup  from within the FMC

Edited by vc10man

3 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Who is your co-pilot unless you are either using MCE or FS2Crew.? Otherwise, in default there is no co-pilot

which is what I recommended that option in the PMDG Setup  from within the FMC

The simulated FO. See above.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

16 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

The simulated FO. See above.

Thanks for that, Ray. As I always use FS2Crew, hence I thought.........

On  a different level.....notice you have dropped the i7-8086k to 4.5Ghz? Any reason why? And is that Asus z370 a good MoBo to complement their past excellent MoBos. I too will opt for that GSkill RAM.. Got the MSI GTX1080Ti on a recent trip to Dubai for less than a second-hand here.

Edited by vc10man

30 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Thanks for that, Ray. As I always use FS2Crew, hence I thought.........

On  a different level.....notice you have dropped the i7-8086k to 4.5Ghz? Any reason why? And is that Asus z370 a good MoBo to complement their past excellent MoBos. I too will opt for that GSkill RAM.. Got the MSI GTX1080Ti on a recent trip to Dubai for less than a second-hand here.

No worries Rick. So many options to go through.

Only 1 core was running at 5.0 Ghz, the rest were running at 4.4Ghz. I spoke to Chillblast about the supposed overclocking included in the price. They appear to have overlooked it. I asked for instructions on how to increase the clock speed. It’s now at 4.5 and although it will undoubtedly go higher it brings increased heat and I’m more than happy with performance.

The mobo is not as good as the Maximus if you want to squeeze every last drop out of the CPU. It’s fine for me. The 1080Ti is great for single displays even UHD. You did well to find one.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The one I really wanted was an EVGA GTX1080Ti but for all the wealth in Dubai, it was totally unavailable in Al-Fahidi area, bit the empty boxes were on display! Bit weird I thought. Like displaying a Ferrari sans engine.

I bought that i7-8086k for that specific landmark, the 5GHz barrier. There was a post here about the Asus Z370 being poor value, etc, etc, hence have baulked buying. Cooler I will go with the Noctua D something. I rate them very highly. Never had any cooling issues with current 4.2GHz rig and a Noctua cooler.

The i7-8700K is virtually identical. The 5Ghz thing is close to mis-selling by Intel. Overclock by all means but I keep sliders at reasonable levels and perfusion great.

You’ll always find negative comments on anything. Maybe you need to source your own components and build it yourself. Good luck! This is probably not the place for more discussion.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather