Sign in to follow this  
Wrightt

Missing manuals

Just downloaded and installed 737 NGX. Went to the operations center to look at some manuals. Although they are all listed, the only ones that come up are the Intro and tutorials 1 & 2. None of the training or ops manuals. When I look in the Flight Manuals folder in the sim, those three are the only ones there. What to do??    Wright Truesdell

Edited by Wrightt
forgot to insert name

26 minutes ago, Wrightt said:

None of the training or ops manuals.

All mine in the Ops Center are there listed

31 minutes ago, vc10man said:

All mine in the Ops Center are there listed

Not  sure  about  this  but   now  the  manuals  are  not  in  the  download  now  since of  the  licencing  agreement  with  boeing.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Then I must be daydreaming to see FCOM Vol 1 = 1035 pages and Vol 2=1240 pages 😀 in my Ops Center, or maybe it's a mirage?

24 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Then I must be daydreaming to see FCOM Vol 1 = 1035 pages and Vol 2=1240 pages 😀 in my Ops Center, or maybe it's a mirage?

than  this  link  might interest  you  read  post  12

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/543769-i-cant-access-my-ngx-manuals/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

strange  that  some  users  havnt  got  these  fcom manuals  I  had  purchased  the  pmdg  747   and  the  ngx   on the  9/22/2018   and  I have  all  the manuals 

And  that is what you wrote 19/10/18

So, like you, all my Manual show up in my PDF reader. I have no issues. Don't know about others as regards the status of their respective Ops Centers, but that is not my concern.

I just checked, and the OpCenter links are working fine for me.

I'm wondering if the manuals are actually there, and it's the OpCenter links that aren't working.  Have you looked to see if the Manuals are actually there (outside the OpCenter)?  For a default P3Dv4 install, they are physically located at: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Flight Manuals.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

13 minutes ago, vc10man said:

strange  that  some  users  havnt  got  these  fcom manuals  I  had  purchased  the  pmdg  747   and  the  ngx   on the  9/22/2018   and  I have  all  the manuals 

And  that is what you wrote 19/10/18

So, like you, all my Manual show up in my PDF reader. I have no issues. Don't know about others as regards the status of their respective Ops Centers, but that is not my concern.

That's  what I  said  but  below  is  what  the op  got  in his  ticket   that  he  got  back  from pmdg

With each PMDG product, we include a comprehensive tutorial that will teach you how to operate the airplane as is typically done by a modern flight crew.  In the past we have had the opportunity to provide actual technical manuals in addition to the operational tutorial.  We are currently negotiating to renew our license for this additional information and hope to be able to do so again in the near future.   Many users may find various manuals freely available through many sites on the internet.”

Peter kelberg

DaveCT2003 - They are not there, only the intro and tutorials. Now I have read that there are copyright issues. Found the training manual on the web, so I’m ok, but was confused that the op center was giving links to docs that weren’t there. 

8 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I just checked, and the OpCenter links are working fine for me.

I'm wondering if the manuals are actually there, and it's the OpCenter links that aren't working.  Have you looked to see if the Manuals are actually there (outside the OpCenter)?  For a default P3Dv4 install, they are physically located at: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Flight Manuals.

Best wishes.

Precisely

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Precisely

maybe  that's  because  users  that  bought  the  ngx   before the  licencing issues  had  the  manuals  installed   and  those  user  that  bought the ngx  after  the  date   didn't  have  them installed

Peter kelberg

24 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

maybe  that's  because  users  that  bought  the  ngx   before the  licencing issues  had  the  manuals  installed   and  those  user  that  bought the ngx  after  the  date   didn't  have  them installed

I think that is exactly the case.  If so, PMDG needs to update the documentation.

32 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

those  user  that  bought the ngx  after  the  date   didn't  have  them installed

Could well be, I have no insight on that because I have kept my NGX since day one.

5 minutes ago, Wrightt said:

I think that is exactly the case.  If so, PMDG needs to update the documentation.

Fingers crossed for you and others in a similar situation.

16 minutes ago, Wrightt said:

yep  I  said  this  in a earlier  post  in this  thread  seems  that  everyone  skipped  over it, anyway  you  can  find  the  fcom  and  any other  manuals  u need  online  doing  a  search   will  get  you  those

Peter kelberg