Sign in to follow this  
scoob

Missing KPDX 2010 service truck textures

15 hours ago, Roger Ramjet said:

I've found sometimes with missing textures, if you put them into the main texture folder that will do the trick.

i've mirrored all the KPDX2010 texture dependencies as outlined in the installer into the instructed locations (ie, from the read-me files) AND into FS's main texture folder.  the image above was after trying that 'good old FS9 trick' was done.

Edited by scoob

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Have you got the vehicle object libraries listed in the Readme PDF?  If not, that could be your problem. Mine appear Ok, so don't know what else to try.

Colin B

Scoob,

Unfortunately I do not have a solution, but I have narrowed things down for you a bit using some of the tools I have available to me.  And, just as an aside, they display correctly for me...

1shq0ti.jpg

Hopefully someone else more skilled than I can finish the search with info I have turned up.

The trucks in question are within the BGL file named "Portland_KPDX_Terminal_Objects_EZ_Pete.bgl" and have a GUID of "7642d976e1a1d09fe8363ab860a3cae5".  I found that by using Instant Scenery 3's scan utility.  Unforunately, when I open that bgl with MCX it tells me there are no objects there, which means that bgl file just looks for the real object bgl in another location and applies it to the scenery I would suppose, but doesn't tell me where that file is located.  i used MCX to open several of the more obvious files listed in Sidney's pdf text of the libraries used, but never saw this specific truck.  If I had found it...and I will keep looking...MCX would have told me what textures were used and, once known, you could search for them on your system.

By the way, in regards to Sidney and Pete's amazing KPDX scenery, which I use, there is one glaring mistake.  The gates along the C-Concourse are backwards.  Most terminals I have been to in real life and seen in FS2004 and FSX have the odd numbered gates down the right side of the concourse as you "walk" from the terminal area to the farthest gates and the even numbered gates down the left side.  Portland's gates are numbered oppositely, even down the right side and odd down the left side, so Sidney and Pete's gate numbers are incorrect.  I had a friend who is skilled in GMAX change that for me so the gate numbers on the outside of the concourse and the markings on the ramp surface are correct.

Hope you sort this out and hope this has helped in a small way

Randy

Edited by Ramjett

You must be missing some object library files I mentioned above, ( in the PDF file).

Those 2 vehicles at Gate C17 show up as red cabs with grey bodies and do not have logos like the catering trucks. There are dozens of trucks, cars and apron vehicles but all have textures. It is extremely well populated and looks very realistic compared with most other sceneries and Sidney Schwartz & Peter Ham deserve a lot of thanks for producing it for us FS9ers.

Colin B

Glad you fixed it Scoob, Not sure why mine show white on white based on cbrown's comment.  It's possible I had the old SS KPDX installed and didn't completely remove it when I installed KPDX_2010.  I don't know?  The bgl is reading...and finding...a texture for those trucks from somewhere, otherwise they would be all white (what my FS2004 shows when textures are missing), including tires and windows.

I find it odd that your textures appear in the FinneyGround_VERT_Logistics.bgl texture folder and mine in the Portland_KPDX_Terminal_Objects_EZ_Pete.bgl texture folder, but as I explained, that bgl is simply referencing an object bgl located somewhere else, probably the FinneyGround_VERT_Logistics.bgl.  I'll have to look at it with MCX.

At any case, I'm happy with "white" and extremely glad you sorted yours out as well.

Randy

I did some more looking on my system.  I found three instances of FinneyGround_Vert_Logisitics.bgl...one is the zipped original download, one is the unzipped file in my documents section where I store all my scenery downloads in case I ever have to reinstall them, and the final one in FS9/Addon Scenery/Static Objects Library/Scenery.  A corresponding texture folder is in each of the three above locations paired with the scenery folder.  In each one is a texture bitmap called Ford_Box_Van that displays in MCX when I call up the bgl file...

It looks like this...

PJsB9DS.jpg

and the rwy12 thumbnail used to display the object when placing it looks like this...

haV1sDf.jpg

So...white on white is correct for my system, but that only furthers my confusion as to why it displays red/grey in cbrown's KPDX?  Really curious what color it displays now in yours, scoob?

Randy

Edited by Ramjett

I've done a search for FinneyGround_Vert_Logisitics.bgl  and I can't find it on my system.  My Scenery Object Library folder has 1.39 Gb in it as I have downloaded lots of what's available over the last few years.

When I installed KPDX 2010, I had no missing textures anywhere in the scenery, so I didn't check for extra library files required.

Loading up again, I now have at C17, 2 trucks with "Old Dutch Potato Chips" logo; at C13,truck with red cab/grey body; east of threshold of runway 28L, row of 10 trucks, 5 red/grey and 5 white/white with "Landmark" logo.  At E1/E2 area, trucks  white/white with "Olympic Yogurt" logo. Fuel trucks have "Coulson Pacific" logo. There are what seems like dozens of these assorted trucks around the scenery as you would find at an airport of this size. All these trucks are there on each loading but textures sometimes vary.

I never bothered about the different logos varying , because it all looks so realistic with so much differing apron clutter.

So, what do you experts make of that? 🙂

Colin B

Edited by cbrown

Hey Colin, thanks for the reply...and to Scoob...sorry for the quasi-hijack of your thread.

Back to Colin...I am by far not any sort of "expert" in the realm of scenery objects.  To use a keyboard analogy, I am more of a two-finger, hunt and peck kinda guy when it comes to objects.  I, too, have a very, very large Scenery Object Library that goes back to the days of Rwy12 when they suggested creating a "Static Object Library" under "Addon Scenery".  My SOL is gigabytes full as well.  Luckily, using both EZ-Scenery and Instant Scenery I can see at a glance when I have identical scenery objects in various places and from time to time I "purge" the ones not needed and make sure I have the original zip, the opened zip (in documents), and the installed zip in SOL.

You seem to be describing that the specific two trucks in Scoob's screenshot "change" liveries from session to session.  if so, you have a remarkable system because as far as I know a scenery object comes with one livery and one livery only determined by the GUIDTexture relationship.

But, like Scoob, it is missing textures that cause a bump under my skin, so, like him I'll spend no more time worrying about it.  Sidney Schwarz has long since moved on to newer platform scenery development I believe and has left FS2004 far behind, so asking him will be pointless I believe.

Odd that KPDX_2010 is the topic of discussion here as just recently I tried to help another user of KPDX_2010 solve the "undulating" taxi motion of aircraft on the taxiways and runways.  Turned out Pete used "Bituminous" for their texture in ADE, which is "oil-soaked" hardened ground, so acts as if you were taxiing "off-airport" in a field.

Randy