Hot off the Press from GoFlight:

As of January 15, 2019, GoFlight Technologies has sold to a new owner. The decision to sell the company was not an easy one. The past eight years have been wonderful and I will relish the relationships made and the adventures flight simulation offered. Ultimately, the decision to sell the company came from the need to reallocate personnel and resources to other companies and assets underneath the ownership group.

As many of you may have noticed the low inventory levels and wondered what might be going on with GoFlight Technologies. Rumors surfaced of shutting doors. Our plan was to always support our customers.  

In early 2018, a long time vendor approached us with an offer to buy the company. GoFlight had been listed on the open market for a brief period, which generated a lot of interest but no potential buyers with experience in our industry. The new owner has worked with GoFlight on various projects and bring with them years of experience in electrical and mechanical engineering, and firmware development for HID devices. It was important that we find a buyer who had experience in flight simulation or similar consumer electronics and we believe this is an excellent fit.  

The new owner is committed to restocking current inventory and embarking on exciting new products and projects that will upgrade the level of service GoFlight has offered in the past. A brief period of transition is expected where they get up to speed. I have agreed to stay on in some capacity to help with a smooth transition. You should expect to see inventory levels remain, and better support as they are bringing dedicated personnel to assist in those areas. 

Thank you for your patience while we complete this transition.  

Sincerely,

Tony Varela
GoFlight Technologies

• Like 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Got the same email.  I wish the new owners nothing but clear skies and an uneventful landing.  This is good news for GoFlight users.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

same sentiment here!  Go Flight's been good to the flight simulator community!  I'm happy to see that their line is continuing. 

Rich 

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

Huge relief on reading this. I really did think they were closing down.

I hope the company flourishes under its new ownership and I look forward to seeing some new units in the longer term.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Task 1

Write a driver that works consistently with Windows 10 and USB3.0 and 3.1 

I am sure once that has been achieved you will have a flourishing business to embrace and I wish you all the very best for 2019

Paul 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul_ said:

Task 1

Write a driver that works consistently with Windows 10 and USB3.0 and 3.1 

I am sure once that has been achieved you will have a flourishing business to embrace and I wish you all the very best for 2019

Paul 

+1

Great news for current hardware owners. I do indeed wish them every success. Hopefully they are reading these posts.

Hiring a web designer and maintaining an ongoing presence in a support forum, even between users, would be a very welcomed first step by their customers and the FS community.

They have some PR issues to resolve before moving on to bigger and different projects. I do hope the new owners are of the same mind.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

If new drivers can make their modules work with win 10, and USB 3.0 and 3.1, that would be really great. Wish them a flying future

Soeren

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Soeren Jensen said:

If new drivers can make their modules work with win 10, and USB 3.0 and 3.1, that would be really great. Wish them a flying future

Soeren

I do hope so 

For a start, I suggest designing a new forum, from the bottom up. The present one is terrible.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue, 

The GoFlight software needs redesigning to cope with UHD displays. It’s so small as to be difficult to assign commands to buttons.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

.. a company that use to setup the standards in the industry, lost altitude over time, need to revised and reshape itself  wish them all the best 

..and yes, please, get us a better interface for X-Plane

Cheers

Yair

Where can I find the latest drivers?
Recently went from win 7 to 10 due to new hardware.
But their site seems down. And I wonder where I can find the latest drivers.

Thanks ahead,
RobB

1 hour ago, emisary said:

Where can I find the latest drivers?
Recently went from win 7 to 10 due to new hardware.
But their site seems down. And I wonder where I can find the latest drivers.

Thanks ahead,
RobB

Here you are Rob.  https://goflightinc.com/pages/latest-software/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather