Sign in to follow this  
Rob Haynes

P3Dv4 Black Screen After Using iRacing

Hello, 

I posted this on the P3D forums, but thought I would try for assistance here, as well. Thanks.

I recently joined iRacing and have found that if I try to use P3Dv4.4 after I use iRacing's software, I end up with a black screen after the scenario loads. I do a computer reset in between using iRacing and P3Dv4.4

The first time this happened I went in and deleted my Shaders under my APP DATA folders and P3Dv4.4 loaded from a black screen within 15 seconds when the scenario loaded.

The next time I tried to use P3Dv4 after iRacing I deleted my shaders and did a computer reboot before launching P3Dv4. This time I had a black screen again after the scenario loaded. I let the screen sit over night and it was still black the following morning. The scenario is loaded as you can hear all of the sounds and if you move the mouse around you can see the cursor change when over a click-point.

I am using Tomato Shade with P3Dv4. I have tried the following and each time end up with an endless black screen. After each of the steps tried below, the computer was rebooted:

* Deleted the Shaders and reboot = Endless Black Screen

* Reset Shader Cache in Tomato Shade and deleted Shaders = Endless Black Screen

* Reset Shaders to Default in Tomato Shade = Endless Black Screen

* Reset Shaders and deleted shaders = Endless Black Screen

* Deleted Shaders & CFG file = Endless Black Screen

* New Client install = Endless Black Screen

* Updated Nvidia Drivers, deleted Shaders, deleted CFG = Endless Black Screen

I'm kind of at a loss now as what to do. It's beyond frustrating another program can cause P3Dv4 to be unusable. Any help or assistance would greatly be appreciated. 

I am running P3Dv4.4 with TomatoShade (up to date), REX, Active Sky P3Dv4.

Computer: 
CAS: CyberPowerPC X-Titan 100 MID-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Window Panel (Black Color)
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150 (All Venom OC Certified)
CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case  (Red Color)
FAN: Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler - Extreme Cooling Performance (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
HDD: 256GB SANDISK SSD + 2TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR3/2133MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG V3)
MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z97 Extreme4 ATX w/ Intel GbLAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 1 x M.2, 8x SATA 6Gb/s (All Venom OC Certified)
OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more)
POWERSUPPLY: 1,000 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 (Maxwell) (Single Card)

i5-10600K 4.6 gHZ | GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 | MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | G.SKILL 32GB (16 GB x2) DDR4 | Corsair H115i RGB 280mm Cooler | 500 GB SANDISK SSD + 2 TB SATA III

Premier Virtual Airlines
www.premiervirtual.org