Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Why does my ORBX KSAN look like this?

The latest Orbx updates have been adding SODE jetways.  Do you have SODE engine installed?

Dan Downs KCRP

yes. It's always looked like this even before the update. just never got around to fixing it. 

I had the same problem. I even tried removing the default KSAN from P3D and that didn't work. Finally I completely removed all remnants of KSAN and redownloaded/installed it and that fixed it.

Why do you have a FEDEX 777 parked at a PAX gate?

• Upvote 1

Peter Osborn

Probably because where he parks his plane in the virtual world isn't quite as important as what happens in the real world. I park freighters at pax gates all the time.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

9 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I had the same problem. I even tried removing the default KSAN from P3D and that didn't work. Finally I completely removed all remnants of KSAN and redownloaded/installed it and that fixed it.

I agree with Jason, the best cure for ORBX scenery problems is an uninstall and reinstall of the specific airport. That followed by running the control panel again.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Do you have FTX SCA installed? Traffic Global? MyTraffic6? Those products will also include their own KSAN airport files and cause issues until you fix them.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

What you have there is a second Afcad peeking through. I had exactly the same issue with LatinVFR’s KSAN so I don’t think it’s related to Orbx’s KSAN per se, though I’m not sure what I did to fix it. You’ll need to figure out if you have any other afcads or sceneries for ksan installed and deactivate it. Dave’s suggestions for where to start looking are good - AI traffic adding are easy to forget about. Indeed FTX SCA is also worth looking at.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Probably because where he parks his plane in the virtual world isn't quite as important as what happens in the real world. I park freighters at pax gates all the time.

Presumably most people don't park Freight liners at PAX gates....🤣

Edited by SunDevil56

44 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

What you have there is a second Afcad peeking through. I had exactly the same issue with LatinVFR’s KSAN so I don’t think it’s related to Orbx’s KSAN per se, though I’m not sure what I did to fix it. You’ll need to figure out if you have any other afcads or sceneries for ksan installed and deactivate it. Dave’s suggestions for where to start looking are good - AI traffic adding are easy to forget about. Indeed FTX SCA is also worth looking at.

As well as Dave's suggestion, GSX is also notorious at Afcad messing about. I had that with Aerosoft's PANC(Anchorage Intl) where it refused to service a 747-8i at the cargo terminal because it thought it was at a sea-base!!!😖

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

GSX is also notorious at Afcad messing about. I had that with Aerosoft's PANC(Anchorage Intl) where it refused to service a 747-8i at the cargo terminal because it thought it was at a sea-base!!!

Exactly, a simple edit in GSX and it's fixed, but it goes hand in hand with disabling of duplicate FTX region airport files. Something that is up to each user to do for it to all work well together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

a simple edit in GSX

Tried that Dave, but it only showed the nearby sea-base. There's in fact a thread about it on GSX Forum, as many have found it to be irritating. GSX is one screwed-up add-on. Anyone notice the way it subtly tries to coerce moving onto GSX2, another buy? There's been a recent barrage of flak towards it right here only days ago.

And don't even mention using ADE, etc,etc. Point being, why should I have to pay for something and then do all the donkey work? Like importing a RHD export market car from the USA and then being told, when I discover it is actually a LHD model, I have to change it to RHD!

Edited by vc10man

GSX thinks you are at the nearby float plane base because you are actually closer to the center of it than you are to the center of KSAN, it's just how the sim works (no fault of GSX). It's even explained rather well in the GSX manual as well as how to adjust for it, I've done it dozens of times with various AI helipads and float bases that are nearby to larger airports etc. 

I know reading a user manual isn't generally a strong suit for most, but it can come in handy at times.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

GSX thinks you are at the nearby float plane base because you are actually closer to the center of it than you are to the center of KSAN, it's just how the sim works (no fault of GSX). It's even explained rather well in the GSX manual as well as how to adjust for it, I've done it dozens of times with various AI helipads and float bases that are nearby to larger airports etc. 

I know reading a user manual isn't generally a strong suit for most, but it can come in handy at times.

yep  reading  manuals is  to difficult  now  days😀 

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg