Sign in to follow this  
avi8tir

Why does my ORBX KSAN look like this?

MyTraffic is usually the culprit for me when I'm seeing two airports. If in fact you do have MyTraffic installed, navigate to your MyTraffic Professional folder, and then into the Scenery folder. Search for KSAN and if a file by the name of BR2_KSAN.BGL shows up, attach a .OFF to the end to deactivate it. You should be good to go. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

5 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

MyTraffic is usually the culprit for me when I'm seeing two airports. If in fact you do have MyTraffic installed, navigate to your MyTraffic Professional folder, and then into the Scenery folder. Search for KSAN and if a file by the name of BR2_KSAN.BGL shows up, attach a .OFF to the end to deactivate it. You should be good to go. 

I agree. Every time I installed a 3rd party airport I had to remember to rename the MyTraffic BGL. There is an excellent utility named Simple Airport Scanner for finding duplicate AFCADs and according to this link it may now be compatible with P3D v4.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simple-airport-scanner-1-70-beta.440300/

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

GSX thinks you are at the nearby float plane base because you are actually closer to the center of it than you are to the center of KSAN, it's just how the sim works (no fault of GSX). It's even explained rather well in the GSX manual as well as how to adjust for it, I've done it dozens of times with various AI helipads and float bases that are nearby to larger airports etc. 

I know reading a user manual isn't generally a strong suit for most, but it can come in handy at times.

Nice one Dave. That's a fairly good explanation. I may PM you in talking me through making those amendments, if you don't mind, because  I'm not an expert at tese types of Afcad amendments. BTW, I was referring to Aerosoft's PANC and yes it does seem to think I am at that float plane base.

6 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Fully agree, MyTraffic does that and I know my way around MyTraffic scenery .BGLs to delete the culprits.

I can confirm Simple Airport Scanner now works in P3D v4. You will still need to use Lorby’s Addon Organiser to generate a scenery.cfg that contains scenery installed via the Addon method.

Easy enough to do and a very handy utility by Scruffy Duck. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

I'm not an expert at tese types of Afcad amendments. BTW, I was referring to Aerosoft's PANC and yes it does seem to think I am at that float plane base.

Sure no worries at all. It's even easier than you think as you aren't having to edit any of your afcads/ADE file, you are just telling GSX which ones not to use.

The OP has yet to tell us what addon's he has, but more common in this area would be FTX SCA which itself has 3 files covering KSAN.

Edited by Dave_YVR

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just getting back to this --- I don't have any AI traffic. I do have all ORBX products. I also have GSX.

I uninstalled ORBX KSAN and it is apparent that I was seeing the P3D defauly scenery popping through. 

Uninstalled, reinstalled ORBX KSAN and still the same issue. default scenery still showing in some areas through ORBX KSAN. 

post your issue  at  orbx   since  they the  ones  that  are  able  to  fix  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

14 hours ago, avi8tir said:

Uninstalled, reinstalled ORBX KSAN and still the same issue. default scenery still showing in some areas through ORBX KSAN. 

But did you disable the 3 KSAN files in FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery?

• Like 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

After KSAN update to include SODE, I had same issue.....What I did, I went to GSX settings and fixed that parking spot. But it appears I have to do with every stall. Now when I lend, at least I know which one is my designated parking....LOL.

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex