avi8tir

Why does my ORBX KSAN look like this?

No jetways and a mix of scenery objects? 

y4mJ4hqeXizkSW4822b4kqemX6SzkwHHRI2FCyvZ

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The latest Orbx updates have been adding SODE jetways.  Do you have SODE engine installed?

yes. It's always looked like this even before the update. just never got around to fixing it. 

I had the same problem. I even tried removing the default KSAN from P3D and that didn't work. Finally I completely removed all remnants of KSAN and redownloaded/installed it and that fixed it.

Why do you have a FEDEX 777 parked at a PAX gate?

• Upvote 1

Probably because where he parks his plane in the virtual world isn't quite as important as what happens in the real world. I park freighters at pax gates all the time.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

I had the same problem. I even tried removing the default KSAN from P3D and that didn't work. Finally I completely removed all remnants of KSAN and redownloaded/installed it and that fixed it.

I agree with Jason, the best cure for ORBX scenery problems is an uninstall and reinstall of the specific airport. That followed by running the control panel again.

Edited by Midnight Music

Do you have FTX SCA installed? Traffic Global? MyTraffic6? Those products will also include their own KSAN airport files and cause issues until you fix them.

What you have there is a second Afcad peeking through. I had exactly the same issue with LatinVFR’s KSAN so I don’t think it’s related to Orbx’s KSAN per se, though I’m not sure what I did to fix it. You’ll need to figure out if you have any other afcads or sceneries for ksan installed and deactivate it. Dave’s suggestions for where to start looking are good - AI traffic adding are easy to forget about. Indeed FTX SCA is also worth looking at.

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Probably because where he parks his plane in the virtual world isn't quite as important as what happens in the real world. I park freighters at pax gates all the time.

Presumably most people don't park Freight liners at PAX gates....🤣

Edited by SunDevil56

44 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

What you have there is a second Afcad peeking through. I had exactly the same issue with LatinVFR’s KSAN so I don’t think it’s related to Orbx’s KSAN per se, though I’m not sure what I did to fix it. You’ll need to figure out if you have any other afcads or sceneries for ksan installed and deactivate it. Dave’s suggestions for where to start looking are good - AI traffic adding are easy to forget about. Indeed FTX SCA is also worth looking at.

As well as Dave's suggestion, GSX is also notorious at Afcad messing about. I had that with Aerosoft's PANC(Anchorage Intl) where it refused to service a 747-8i at the cargo terminal because it thought it was at a sea-base!!!😖

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

GSX is also notorious at Afcad messing about. I had that with Aerosoft's PANC(Anchorage Intl) where it refused to service a 747-8i at the cargo terminal because it thought it was at a sea-base!!!

Exactly, a simple edit in GSX and it's fixed, but it goes hand in hand with disabling of duplicate FTX region airport files. Something that is up to each user to do for it to all work well together.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

a simple edit in GSX

Tried that Dave, but it only showed the nearby sea-base. There's in fact a thread about it on GSX Forum, as many have found it to be irritating. GSX is one screwed-up add-on. Anyone notice the way it subtly tries to coerce moving onto GSX2, another buy? There's been a recent barrage of flak towards it right here only days ago.

And don't even mention using ADE, etc,etc. Point being, why should I have to pay for something and then do all the donkey work? Like importing a RHD export market car from the USA and then being told, when I discover it is actually a LHD model, I have to change it to RHD!

Edited by vc10man

GSX thinks you are at the nearby float plane base because you are actually closer to the center of it than you are to the center of KSAN, it's just how the sim works (no fault of GSX). It's even explained rather well in the GSX manual as well as how to adjust for it, I've done it dozens of times with various AI helipads and float bases that are nearby to larger airports etc. 

I know reading a user manual isn't generally a strong suit for most, but it can come in handy at times.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

GSX thinks you are at the nearby float plane base because you are actually closer to the center of it than you are to the center of KSAN, it's just how the sim works (no fault of GSX). It's even explained rather well in the GSX manual as well as how to adjust for it, I've done it dozens of times with various AI helipads and float bases that are nearby to larger airports etc. 

I know reading a user manual isn't generally a strong suit for most, but it can come in handy at times.

yep  reading  manuals is  to difficult  now  days😀 

Edited by pete_auau

MyTraffic is usually the culprit for me when I'm seeing two airports. If in fact you do have MyTraffic installed, navigate to your MyTraffic Professional folder, and then into the Scenery folder. Search for KSAN and if a file by the name of BR2_KSAN.BGL shows up, attach a .OFF to the end to deactivate it. You should be good to go. 

5 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

MyTraffic is usually the culprit for me when I'm seeing two airports. If in fact you do have MyTraffic installed, navigate to your MyTraffic Professional folder, and then into the Scenery folder. Search for KSAN and if a file by the name of BR2_KSAN.BGL shows up, attach a .OFF to the end to deactivate it. You should be good to go. 

I agree. Every time I installed a 3rd party airport I had to remember to rename the MyTraffic BGL. There is an excellent utility named Simple Airport Scanner for finding duplicate AFCADs and according to this link it may now be compatible with P3D v4.

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/simple-airport-scanner-1-70-beta.440300/

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Nice one Dave. That's a fairly good explanation. I may PM you in talking me through making those amendments, if you don't mind, because  I'm not an expert at tese types of Afcad amendments. BTW, I was referring to Aerosoft's PANC and yes it does seem to think I am at that float plane base.

6 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

Fully agree, MyTraffic does that and I know my way around MyTraffic scenery .BGLs to delete the culprits.

I can confirm Simple Airport Scanner now works in P3D v4. You will still need to use Lorby’s Addon Organiser to generate a scenery.cfg that contains scenery installed via the Addon method.

Easy enough to do and a very handy utility by Scruffy Duck. 👍

5 hours ago, vc10man said:

I'm not an expert at tese types of Afcad amendments. BTW, I was referring to Aerosoft's PANC and yes it does seem to think I am at that float plane base.

Sure no worries at all. It's even easier than you think as you aren't having to edit any of your afcads/ADE file, you are just telling GSX which ones not to use.

The OP has yet to tell us what addon's he has, but more common in this area would be FTX SCA which itself has 3 files covering KSAN.

Edited by Dave_YVR

Just getting back to this --- I don't have any AI traffic. I do have all ORBX products. I also have GSX.

I uninstalled ORBX KSAN and it is apparent that I was seeing the P3D defauly scenery popping through. 

Uninstalled, reinstalled ORBX KSAN and still the same issue. default scenery still showing in some areas through ORBX KSAN. 

post your issue  at  orbx   since  they the  ones  that  are  able  to  fix  it

14 hours ago, avi8tir said:

Uninstalled, reinstalled ORBX KSAN and still the same issue. default scenery still showing in some areas through ORBX KSAN. 

But did you disable the 3 KSAN files in FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery?

• Like 1

After KSAN update to include SODE, I had same issue.....What I did, I went to GSX settings and fixed that parking spot. But it appears I have to do with every stall. Now when I lend, at least I know which one is my designated parking....LOL.

Edited by cyyzrwy24