Sign in to follow this  
goggi

Deboarding with GSX

Hello MCE support,
I am almost done with writing my own scripts, thanks to your exceptional support (and patience).

The MCE control of GSX works perfectly, but for one action. Referring to passenger operations, several boarding commands work just fine. However, I am unable to get any command for deboarding.

I tried all commands published in the document “GSX (orAES)”, plus all reasonable variants (verbiage, spelling or pronunciation): in all cases I get the warning “Command does not seem to exist ..”

After extensive search I found a post (September 14, 2013, plus few additional comments) stating “ FS++: Deboarding is supported. It just happens that "boarding" related requests precede the "deboarding" ones. It's a case of speech engine falling for the first word that sounds like. Will put them the other way around”.

Still not working for me, and surely not relevant to written commands. Maybe lost through the chain of updates? 🙂

Thanks for your continuing help,
Giorgio

Using MCE v.2.7.86 and GSX-2.

Giorgio Goggi

On 2/2/2019 at 6:29 PM, goggi said:

Hello MCE support,
I am almost done with writing my own scripts, thanks to your exceptional support (and patience).

The MCE control of GSX works perfectly, but for one action. Referring to passenger operations, several boarding commands work just fine. However, I am unable to get any command for deboarding.

I tried all commands published in the document “GSX (orAES)”, plus all reasonable variants (verbiage, spelling or pronunciation): in all cases I get the warning “Command does not seem to exist ..”

After extensive search I found a post (September 14, 2013, plus few additional comments) stating “ FS++: Deboarding is supported. It just happens that "boarding" related requests precede the "deboarding" ones. It's a case of speech engine falling for the first word that sounds like. Will put them the other way around”.

Still not working for me, and surely not relevant to written commands. Maybe lost through the chain of updates? 🙂

Thanks for your continuing help,
Giorgio

Using MCE v.2.7.86 and GSX-2.

As there is a high probability (based on testing) that command "Simon request de-boarding" ends-up being picked up as Simon request boarding", to prevent speech engine screwing up, by requesting boarding when you haven't finished what you had to do, we left it out intentionally.

Here is an alternative way to achievewhat you have in mind.

In Voxkey, create 2 custom commands, one to display GSX menu, and another one to select menu item 1

Examples

display gsx menu (associate to key combo (CTRL + SHIFT+F12) or whatever custom key you have assigned

gsx menu one (associate to key "1"

Now, either include those 2 Voxkey commands in a shutdown flow, or create a custom command that would trigger them.

Example: New Voxscript flow "cabin crew ok for de-boarding" or "cabin crew you may release the passengers" where the only commands are the two custom Voxkey commands.

Let us know if that isn't a suitable solution.

Thank you for the prompt reply. I understand the reason (possible confusion) for omitting this command. I shall follow your advice on using VoxKey.

Thanks for your support,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi