Sign in to follow this  
bcruiksh

GPS shortcut to xbox controller buttons

Hello,

I am trying to connect the Flightsim X SE Reality XP 430 V2 GPS buttons to buttons on my Xbox controller.  I don't see a way to do this with the RealityXP.GNS.ini file, so I haven't tried anything there.   I found a comment that Reality XP GPS should intercept the Microsoft GPS button assignments.  So I assigned Joystick buttons to the default GPS controls.  When I use a plane with the default GPS, it works.  When I use a plane with Reality XP GPS, the buttons don't work.  

How do I get Reality XP GPS to recognize the Default GPS signals?  Or how do I connect the joystick buttons to the Reality GPS?

Thanks,
Brian

Figured it out.

When you shift right click the top of the GNS430 to get to the Reality XP options, there is an option under Gauge Options -> Advanced Settings -> Use Simulator GPS Commands.  When I clicked that, it started working.

/Brian

• Like 1

Hi Brian,

I'm glad you've found the solution with the help of our User's Manual!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)