Sign in to follow this  
dekela

how to install?

Hi

I am trying to install rc4 on a windows 10 64bit os with only p3dv4.4 installed.

During the installation it asks for fsx.exe, twices I was able to provide it with p3d directory, but close to the end it asks for the actual exe.

how can I finish the installation?

I tried to ignore it but was never able to run the program. (no error just wont open)

thanks

Dekel

Its been a while since I have installed RC, but I think the installer just looks for the fsx.exe file to confirm you have the right directory. Try creating a dummy fsx.exe in your p3d folder. You can do this by going into your P3d folder, create a simple text file and rename it fsx.exe. It will pop up a warning about changing this file, but just ignore it.

Run your RC installer and point it to the P3D folder, It will see the fsx.exe file and should continue. 

Good Luck

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

14 hours ago, rickjake said:

Its been a while since I have installed RC, but I think the installer just looks for the fsx.exe file to confirm you have the right directory. Try creating a dummy fsx.exe in your p3d folder. You can do this by going into your P3d folder, create a simple text file and rename it fsx.exe. It will pop up a warning about changing this file, but just ignore it.

Run your RC installer and point it to the P3D folder, It will see the fsx.exe file and should continue. 

Good Luck

Thank you, I managed to install it, but I was not able to run it. No error is even showing..

You don't need anything to do with FSX, that is just the only program that RC knows due to its age!. I would recommend that you uninstall RC completely and then install it away from P3D. Put in on another SSD/Disk or failing that install it in its own directory on your P3D disk/SSD.

All that needs to be done, is when RC asks for FSX, point it to your P3D installation, or P3D.exe whichever it wants.

It will then install. All that needs to be done then, is for you to set the FLT/WX path to the place you store your flight plans (e.g. c:\documents\Flight plans) and run the Rebuild scenery DB, pointing it to your P3D installation directory.

I have done this about 3 or 4 times now with no problems.

Ian Harrison

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.