Sign in to follow this  
scotth6

FS2Crew 737NGX Reboot P3DV4 Issues

Hi,

First of all let me say I love this product and all the FS2Crew products.  They add so much to my flights, and almost make FSX and P3D new simulations.

Since I have started using the P3DV4 version of FS2Crew for the PMDG 737NGX I have noticed some small, but distracting issues.

1/  For some reason the First Officer always turns on the engine bleeds prior to start, and this results in there not being enough air pressure to start the engines.  I'm not sure why this happens.  I have become used to making it a part of my flow to turn them off again, but if I do that too early the FO turns them back on.  I'm not sure if it's some setting I need to change (I am using SOP 1) but I would have assumed the FO learned how to start an engine 😉.  I should point out it is not due to the starter cutout issue.  This occurs when there is no starter cutout.

2/  When I ask ground services for permission to pressurise the hydraulics and then ask for the ground equipment to be disconnected I get a response that he is going to do it, but then I do not get the message that it has been done.  What's strange is I get that confirmation message when I arrive at my destination and either set the intercom to ground or contact ground ( I can't recall which one triggers it ).  So, upon arrival I will sometimes contact ground for the equipment to be connected, but I will then get that delayed response message from my departure airport when I do this.

Today I tried something new and asked for the ground equipment to be disconnected prior to asking to pressurise the hydraulics, and this solved the issue.

3/ As noted in another thread today, the FO does not respond when given the command "Set Engine Bleed Two On"  and no action is taken.  When given the command "Set Dome Light Off" the FO responds with "Roger" but does not follow the instruction.

Cheers,

Thanks Bryan.

I'm not sure if the packs are on.  I will need to investigate some more.  I just get a low pressure warning and the engines are unable to start, but if I switch the bleeds off and leave just the APU bleed on I will get enough pressure to start the engines.

I will check it out.  You are probably right though because I just watched a video from a real world pilot in the PMDG NGX and he left both bleeds on during startup.  I have seen other videos with them off though.

Cheers,

Hey Scott,

Are you starting the right or left engine first.  I start the right engine first, isolate the A packs, and then start the left engine. 

Cheers,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I always start with the right engine first.  I think the issue mayhave been because of the starter cutout issue, which led to the F/O assuming the eninges were started and continuing with the flows and turning the packs on.  I just need to manually check things before trying to start the engines because the F/O can be a bit hasty 🙂 .

Cheers,