Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

747-8i at FSDT's KDFW........IRS...ACARS

Never had an issue with initializing ACARS to give me the go-ahead with selecting my route before in the 747-8i, except this morning. IRSs set to give me the IRS Position in the FMC, set to align in real time, the requisite trio of DEP, ARR and Flt No. all input, yet ACARS does not want to initialise, nor does the ND want to display anything. Route I was trying was FSDT's KDFW to default TNCM.

Anyone any idea what's happening here? Thanks.

29 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Never had an issue with initializing ACARS to give me the go-ahead with selecting my route before in the 747-8i, except this morning. IRSs set to give me the IRS Position in the FMC, set to align in real time, the requisite trio of DEP, ARR and Flt No. all input, yet ACARS does not want to initialise, nor does the ND want to display anything. Route I was trying was FSDT's KDFW to default TNCM.

Anyone any idea what's happening here? Thanks.

You need to wait for the IRS to allign for the Acars to work as far as I remember

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

10 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

You need to wait for the IRS to allign for the Acars to work as far as I remember

I did. I always do. Shows up a 7 minutes and counting down in the ND. That's what threw me off as a half-hour later still no alignment. Wondered if it was something to do with Navigraph in the taskbar broadcasting flight data, as KDFW is a well-known airport. Will try again later. Thanks for the reply, Chris.

4 hours ago, vc10man said:

I did. I always do. Shows up a 7 minutes and counting down in the ND. That's what threw me off as a half-hour later still no alignment. Wondered if it was something to do with Navigraph in the taskbar broadcasting flight data, as KDFW is a well-known airport. Will try again later. Thanks for the reply, Chris.

DId you use a panel state? It might got corrupted.

If the IRS were remaining on 7 minutes all the time, you can try turning them off, wait couple of minutes and try to re aline them again.

Chris Makris

Deleted Panel States. Re-started, Long State Panel. Got the Origin: KDFW; Dest:KJFK; the Flt No. and still ACARS will not initiate.

Also in Perf Init page,noticed getting a Data Link--No Comm. First time I have ever seen that because usually after I have done the ACARs bit and Requested the Route, etc, I get the Perf Init Accept:

I am perplexed. Yet another flight from KDFW abandoned.

Load the default PMDG B747-8 from the start up screen and use a cold and dark panel.  Also do instant initializing of the IRS's.  I use FSDT KDFW and Navigraph every day without issue. From time to time the Saved Scenarios get corrupted and the Scenario needs to be saved under a different name.  I had one panel get corrupted and had to delete the P3d.cfg file along with the steps above to get it rolling again. 🙂

Grace and Peace,

Edited by Bluestar
typo

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

16 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

Load the default PMDG B747-8 from the start up screen and use a cold and dark panel.  Also do instant initializing of the IRS's.  I use FSDT KDFW and Navigraph every day without issue. From time to time the Saved Scenarios get corrupted and the Scenario needs to be saved under a different name.  I had one panel get corrupted and had to delete the P3d.cfg file along with the steps above to get it rolling again. 🙂

Grace and Peace,

Thanks, will try that. I could not understand this as my Navigraph is bang up-to-date; FSDT's KDFW, routing from PFPX, yet ACARS, despite deleting all previous Atlas Air panel states except the default PMDG housepaints.

31 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Deleted Panel States. Re-started, Long State Panel. Got the Origin: KDFW; Dest:KJFK; the Flt No. and still ACARS will not initiate.

Also in Perf Init page,noticed getting a Data Link--No Comm. First time I have ever seen that because usually after I have done the ACARs bit and Requested the Route, etc, I get the Perf Init Accept:

I am perplexed. Yet another flight from KDFW abandoned.

Out of quriosity did you put the full flight number? Like BA123,DL123 etc? 

Chris Makris

Just now, Olympic260 said:

Out of quriosity did you put the full flight number? Like BA123,DL123 etc? 

5Y639 for the Atlas Air as generated by PFPX, as it's next window gives me the Atlas Air call sign GTI639

16 minutes ago, vc10man said:

5Y639 for the Atlas Air as generated by PFPX, as it's next window gives me the Atlas Air call sign GTI639

Can you try with GTI639? 

Chris Makris

30 minutes ago, vc10man said:

You have to use GTI not 5Y.... same for 5X, gotta use UPS in the flight number field.  Think ATC call sign when you make this entry.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks to you, Chris and you, Dan for that heads-up. Will try so next time. I just thought the Flt No. generated by PFPX was the Flt No, I inputted there.

Will give it a go next flight.

Edited by vc10man
punctuation

5 hours ago, downscc said:

You have to use GTI not 5Y..

Chris and Dan, if I could buy you two a drink, I would. Spot-on. To think I wasted so much time with that 5Yxxx, and this time within minutes I had ACARS DLink up and running. Yet another 'Learning Curve' lesson from you. Thanks.

The 5Y is the company code/AIRLINE ID. That would be the code you would put in the PREFLIGHT page in the ACARS. This doesn't do anything now but later I believe this will have greater implementation with GFO and with certain dispatches and what not but I may be mistaken. 

Thanks, Tim, for that tip. As of now,following the previous post, I now no longer have ACARS issues. Sussed my way around now.

Very much look forward to that GFO.