Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Two very special weeks...

Matthias,AI traffic in a full motion sim is a very unobstrusive experience. You're right, there are some aircraft standing / taxiing on the ground, but that's it. I have not seen one single aircraft in the sky, but I think you can set that up, too. TCAS training must be somehow possible. "WHOOP WHOOP, CLIMB -- CLIMB NOW!" :-hah Du, wenn wir beide wirklich den DLR-Test

>Hey I definately don't want to steal your spotlight but when>I saw this I had to respond because of how much of a>coincidence it is. >Nah, forget about the spotlight. Spotlight on you ;-) Now, that is reallly a coincidence! Flying in the real thing is even better than flying a sim. It's a rare opportunity to be in the jumpseat or even the captain's seat nowadays. Isn't the MD-11 one excellent aircraft? I really enjoyed it!If you have more pictures... go ahead and post them!

> But, does the scenery not look very much like FS9? can you tell a bit> more what scenery they use?Hi Johan,Of course that highly depends on the age of the simulator. The A320 I'm referring to, is almost 10 years old now. Newer sims like the MD-11 have improved graphics.But since these simulators are used for IFR training only, it's quite obvious that they didn't focus on faithful reproduction of landmarks. The textures used for land coverage look quite generic and not very sharp. As I said, in the vincinity of the airports, they use satellite photos in conjunction with some 3D objects. The terrain mesh has quite a low resolution, but sharp edges and silhouettes of mountains look very realistic. In general, FS2004 has waaay better graphics, believe me.So, what do they do with all the computing power they have? It's those little details that make up the realism. Like moving cars on the motorways. Red lights on the right lane, white lights on the left. Runway lighting that shimmers through the fog. Almost perfect snow and rain. Beautiful grey cumulus clouds at night. And so on...I hope the FS dev team makes some notes here, plenty of stuff that could be included in FS 10. ;-)Holger.

Guest Jock in a Frock

Holger, you lucky son of a ***** :D I enjoyed reading that, you really put across the feeling of being there. Well done.

I wonder what the Lufty Training captain would think of your British Airways signature... :-)Great story! Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest panda234

Great Post!! Great Videos!! Well done!! Thank you!!billg

Can you send me some video clips of this?billalicea@cableone.netThanks,BillP.S. You are one lucky guy!

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Sorry I am reading this a week late, but your writing style and story were both fantastic--great job on both and congrats for following your dream!-John

Wow, thanks again for all the comments. Glad you enjoyed it!@ Chase:Great Idea! I thought about writing a tutorial for the upcoming PMDG747, based on real Lufthansa procedures. Do you think that I could make some bucks with that? $$$ :-hah ... just kidding!