Sign in to follow this  
Chocorua

Moving the GTN with no bezel (resolved)

Is it possible to drag and resize the GTN750 when the bezel is removed? I ask because I'd like to move it onto the RealSImGear GTN screen but cannot unless I leave the bezel. Wondering if I'm missing something here?   

Thanks,

Greg

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Have you tried right clicking it and selecting "Undock Window" - I use that for my Emuteq window using the GNS.

David Porrett

Hi, thanks David. That is the issue, there is no menu when right clicking to display "Undock Window or Close Window" as is normal for an opened panel window. If I remove the bezel (by editing the .ini file) I'm unable to drag it or undock it. Enabling the bezel allows it to function 'normally' again.   

Greg  

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Hi,

this is a good question. I'd suspect because the entire screen becomes the clickable region, Fltsim removes the possibility to active the embedded popup menu. This would require leaving an area for this in the window, unfortunately this would preclude using the touch screen in these 'excluded' areas too.

One way to do it though: edit the panel.cfg file to change the gauge size.

If using the GTN Panel Assistant menu, all 'managed' gauge## entries use the 'percent' coordinate system, that is a single GTN in a window will have 100,100 for its width,height parameters. Just change the width from100 to 80 for example, which should leave the right hand side of the window free for the embedded popup menu!

Alternatively, I'm not sure this works but you could change the Reality.GTN.ini file to add a fixed size pixel border around the nobezel screen (for 10 pixels around, use: border.size = 10  ) and optionally make it 'red' for better visuallization (border.rgba = #F00). The surrounding area shouldn't be clickable and let the embedded menu display. Once positioned, you may keep the border size and revert to 'black' instead (border.rgba = #000000).

NB: even when using a border size, the SHIFT + LEFT click the top edge to quickly resize the gauge to 1:2 / 1:1 works by native size! In this case, with a nobezel = true AND a border size in pixels, you'll still get 1:2 / 1:1 original screen pixel sizes (in other words, the pixels would be considered 'outside' the screen size).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks kindly for your reply. I've been able to (although quite tedious!) locate spots on the extreme corners of the unit, that with some patience, get the drop menu to appear and thus allow me to undocked the unit. Also before this discovery, have done some size editing similar to your suggestions with no difference. I''ll jump back into it and try some more. 

Must say though, when the GTN750 is undocked, dragged, and sized to fit the RealSimGear 750 touch screen...wow, what a treat it is to operate! I had and liked the GNS530 combo but the GTN is just superb.

Thanks, I'm off to edit and if I come up with something I'll report back.        

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

have done some size editing similar to your suggestions with no difference. I''ll jump back into it and try some more. 

It might be because there is no background. You might want to add a non-transparent background color maybe:

background_color =  8,8,8

18 minutes ago, Chocorua said:

Must say though, when the GTN750 is undocked, dragged, and sized to fit the RealSimGear 750 touch screen...wow, what a treat it is to operate! I had and liked the GNS530 combo but the GTN is just superb.

Thank you for your kind words!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

OK, changing the width parameter to '98' gives a small margin to click on, as you stated, which enables the menu to drop. Just what I was looking for! 

Many thanks for your support and I'm looking forward to your future products.

Greg   

Great! You might want to try the 'border.size' setting though: it will add a surrounding edge with a color of your choice, which you could not only grab, but also use as a edge/margin placement guide on your monitor, while preserving the normal screen aspect ratio for best legibility.

• Like 1

When I was trying to setup the GTN 750 for positioning in my RealSImGear GTN 750 bezel, I ran into the same issue. By experimentation, I found that by left clicking on the bezeless 750, then going up to View,  then clicking Undock Window in the dropdown, I could freely move the 750 where ever I wanted to. It must remain undocked or it zooms right back to its frozen position. Once I was able to position the 750 into the RealSImGear bezel, you need to maximize the 750 window, then go into Full Screen mode. That removes the window header and fixes the 750 in place, it must remain undocked.

• Like 2

Core i9-10850K Gen10 - RTX3080 - 32G - HP Reverb G2 WMR

18 hours ago, RXP said:

Great! You might want to try the 'border.size' setting though: it will add a surrounding edge with a color of your choice, which you could not only grab, but also use as a edge/margin placement guide on your monitor, while preserving the normal screen aspect ratio for best legibility.

Thank you! That works pretty well but I still have to move the mouse around to find the exact click spot.

10 hours ago, Fleahead said:

When I was trying to setup the GTN 750 for positioning in my RealSImGear GTN 750 bezel, I ran into the same issue. By experimentation, I found that by left clicking on the bezeless 750, then going up to View,  then clicking Undock Window in the dropdown, I could freely move the 750 where ever I wanted to. It must remain undocked or it zooms right back to its frozen position. Once I was able to position the 750 into the RealSImGear bezel, you need to maximize the 750 window, then go into Full Screen mode. That removes the window header and fixes the 750 in place, it must remain undocked.

Yes! This works pretty good and may be the quickest method to undocking.

Thank you very much for suggesting!

I'd say problem is resolved!

• Like 1

Also running into this exact issue.  With nobezel = false, can Right-Click just fine on the bezel and get the un-dock option.  But when setting nobezel = true, there is no way to right click for the un-dock option.  None of the above seemed to work for me.  I tried:

1) Setting the width (which was not really defined as which value that was) to 90 (tried everywhere there was a 100, nothing helped
2) Tried setting a 10, then 20px border set to red, while the border showed, unable to right-click in the border (and then tried setting background to 8,8,8 as mentioned in panel.cfg, no help)
3) Tried the simple Left Click in 750 and then choose View>Un-dock, that un-docks the main view window NOT the 750 window.

It seems there is some issue with the Right Click, wonder if the RXP guys here can provide a definitive method to get this to work?

Hmmm, should be able to simply click the 'Continue' tab in the center of the GTN after it powers up, then go to the drop down menu 'Views' and click 'Undock.' Works every time here. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

Should also point out using FSX-Steam (or boxed) and latest version of GTN750.

Of note, an older version 2.5.19 worked fine, can right click with no issues and un-dock, but the latest version 2.5.20, you can not right click.

16 hours ago, m9aviation said:

an older version 2.5.19 worked fine, can right click with no issues and un-dock, but the latest version 2.5.20, you can not right click.

This is peculiar because nothing has changed in the code for the screen for many versions back now. Are you sure it is not a problem of having a 2nd gauge above the GTN in the popup window preventing the right click? Or could this be a bug with P3D4.5 hot fix 2?

What I have found works best is the following -- Exit to Window mode.  Then you will have the windows Framing around it to make it easy to move and size on the other monitor.

if you show the Menu Bar this also helps since you can click on the GTN to get "focus" and then on the Views you can undock view.  Now it will have the outer Windows Frame -- drag to the monitor and then size it up again.  Know just go back into Full Screen mode...and you're good to go.

I made a video showing this stuff....think it is the most recent one posted up in pinned thread about GTN in Action.

Les O'Reilly