Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

Fsimstudios Cancun released!

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for all your support. We are happy to bring Cancun to this community, it was much needed.

I will quickly go over the issues that were mentioned on the thread:

• Regarding to the comment about the bridge on Taxiway D and AI, this is not possible to fix. AI doesn't detect platforms, so it will just go through the bridge while user aircraft will go over. That's hard-coded on P3D. The only workaround that I see for this issue is to restrict AI Aircrafts from crossing the bridge by closing 30R-12L at least for AI use. I would not like to do this. Still thinking about a different solution.
  • Shimmering on taxi lines, I'll check that out, I'm pretty sure is related to the alpha map of the texture. The taxi lines are slightly transparent and with "cracks" to make them look old and worn out. 
  • The black outlines around the objects are due to baked ambient occlusion on the ground for realism. The transparency blending settings will be modified to solve this issue. Update 1.1 will fix that.

I think it's unfair to compare our work to, let's say, ORBX or Flightbeam. Those are teams of a bunch of 3D and texture artist working full time. That's why their products are significantly more expensive, but the quality is significantly greater. They have access to de airport, we can't afford to travel or get the permits to visit every centimeter of the airport. As duckbilled said, we do not compete on the same "league" as them. We are two full-time engineering students, working part-time on this, both for passion and to pay tuition. Our business plan is different, focusing on middle-sized Latin American and Canadian airports, the ones that no big development team wants to develop because they're not profitable enough. Lots of hours and thousands of dollars are invested in a project like this to make less than minimum wage. It's mostly about passion.

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

Edited by FSimStudios
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 15

7 hours ago, FSimStudios said:

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

I sounded critical in my post but to be clear, this is an amazing scenery and I have zero regrets about my purchase. I’m excited more of your work.

7 hours ago, FSimStudios said:

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

Kudos to your statement, I will always back passion and I highly regard the desire to keep improving a scenery. I have Tocumen which I think is excellent and I will add this one soon. Just keep going!

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

8 hours ago, FSimStudios said:

I think it's unfair to compare our work to, let's say, ORBX or Flightbeam. Those are teams of a bunch of 3D and texture artist working full time. That's why their products are significantly more expensive, but the quality is significantly greater. They have access to de airport, we can't afford to travel or get the permits to visit every centimeter of the airport. As duckbilled said, we do not compete on the same "league" as them. We are two full-time engineering students, working part-time on this, both for passion and to pay tuition. Our business plan is different, focusing on middle-sized Latin American and Canadian airports, the ones that no big development team wants to develop because they're not profitable enough. Lots of hours and thousands of dollars are invested in a project like this to make less than minimum wage. It's mostly about passion.

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

Mad respect from me for coming out and saying it like it is. With the speed that this was being developed and issues reported from the time of the release I already formed a different opinion about you guys, which I'll now keep to myself. Up until last night I was holding back on buying it, but now I will surely. Thanks Gabriel.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 hours ago, FSimStudios said:

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for all your support. We are happy to bring Cancun to this community, it was much needed.

I will quickly go over the issues that were mentioned on the thread:

• Regarding to the comment about the bridge on Taxiway D and AI, this is not possible to fix. AI doesn't detect platforms, so it will just go through the bridge while user aircraft will go over. That's hard-coded on P3D. The only workaround that I see for this issue is to restrict AI Aircrafts from crossing the bridge by closing 30R-12L at least for AI use. I would not like to do this. Still thinking about a different solution.
  • Shimmering on taxi lines, I'll check that out, I'm pretty sure is related to the alpha map of the texture. The taxi lines are slightly transparent and with "cracks" to make them look old and worn out. 
  • The black outlines around the objects are due to baked ambient occlusion on the ground for realism. The transparency blending settings will be modified to solve this issue. Update 1.1 will fix that.

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

I emailed my issue with the black boxes last night and received a reply within minutes that you had identified the cause of it and would fix it asap. Great customer service, even more impressive now knowing the scope of your operation.

Ben 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

I had some questions while the scenery was in development and was answered very quickly. Their customer service alone is in its league of their own. The scenery is very nice! Picked it up the morning after release and I love it! Thank you Gabriel for taking on this scenery, having a fair price, and great customer service! You’ve gained a new customer!! 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

12 hours ago, FSimStudios said:

-Gabriel, FSimStudios.

I'll definitely be buying this then.  Good for you guys.  I know how hard it is to find photos now, with panaramio gone from Google Earth...

I need a MMUN anyway.   That's the first foreign airport I flew into, in 1990.  It only had one runway back then.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

MMUN - Much needed airport for us who fly around or to the Caribbean

It might have some flaws, but I know FSimStudios will keep updating it.

Just bought it!
Cant wait to install it.

Thanks for visiting the forum Gabriel, it’s always great to engage with addon developers.  

I’m really excited that we have a MMUN scenery for P3D...i plan to do a lot of winter vacation flying there over the next few months.

I’ve previously purchased your YYC, YQB and PTY sceneries and enjoy them all...I’m quite looking forward to your upcoming rendition of YEG.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Like their MPTO , MMUN looks  nice and I will likely buy it in the future. Checking Flightradar now there's a lot of connections even in winter, though I'm assuming this will be mroe extensive in the summer months. Anybody have any idea what sort of cargo activity one can find at MMUN?

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I bought it, and it is much needed.  I enjoyed it and will patiently wait for any updates.  So far, it's way better than not having it at all. I'm happy.

Stan

• Like 1

Looks very nice. I'll definitely be buying this. Welcomed upgrade to the FSX portover of the long defunct AMS MMUN I had been using. Was the previous best Cancun and for some reason was only on sale for a very short period of time.

The night lighting of the runways and taxiways doesn't look particularly great on this one, perhaps that's something that can be improved in an update.

It's great to have devs like Fsimstudios around to cover these often overlooked airports. I've purchased all of them over the years, really glad I did as some of their works like Portland (Maine), Ottawa and Easter Island aren't available anymore!!

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

i flew in there yesterday, nice scenery. only gripe the afcaf didnt work with gsx I think it was gate 34 at terminal 3 

14ppkc-6.png